Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i've read in the screenshot post that persona 4 crashes when you try to attack someone, unless you change the code 0xffc0, what does it means? thx anyway

·
Registered
270 Posts
It means to change the rounding mode.
Easy way to do that is to download the new official playground beta and, in advanced options, set EE round mode to chop/zero.
(no idea if this would really help persona. That's just what it says.)

·
Registered
7 Posts
i've tested this out on the playground build and while it does solve the hanging issue, the playground build just does not run as well as svn377 for some reason. could someone explain how to change the code as was described in the first post?

·
Registered
7 Posts
what I meant is that the svn377 beta runs persona 4 much better for me than the latest playground version, and svn377 does not have advanced configuration options. Is there a way to patch the line of code in the first post to solve the hanging problem? And if so, how would I go about doing that

·
Registered
3 Posts
For those who are playing the game, is anyone getting some slowdown when going through the shopping district and some battles?

I'm hitting like...30-40 fps, still bearable, but I was wondering if there were some ways I could tweak it to make it go a bit faster?

(Intel Quad core Q6600, Nvidia 8600 GT, GSdx 1.1.12, latest PCSX2 SVN version)

·
Registered
21 Posts
For those who are playing the game, is anyone getting some slowdown when going through the shopping district and some battles?
I do unfortunately. Most the time it's 60 fps, but in shopping district (only first part of it) framerate drops to 45-50. Also some battles are kinda slow, without any real reason imo. Big bosses works fine, with 60 fps, but normal enemies causes annoying slowdowns... sometimes. But despite slowdowns it works fine, I play it for 4 hours already without problems. But damn, those slowdowns are annoying... And Persona 3 worked great for me, only one boss, as I rememeber, made my pc to work harder;).

And the playground build also works worse for me.

[EDIT] Ok. So it's quite unplayable now. I guess I rushed myself saying that it works almost fine. I don't get it, only one, small enemy, and the slowdown is huge! And I'm talking bout normal fight!:( Maybe someone has a cure for this?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I'm playin' it with the 0.9.5, and it's always going at 60 fps, apart from some scene of the shopping district, where did you got stuck herbaciak?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I didn't stuck. I just can't play with those fps drops during battles. And maybe it's just me, but they look totally random. Once it's slow as hell, and next fight with the same enemy is fluent and cool. But mostly slow as hell unfortunately. Yes, after all it's playable... hardly, but playable. But annoying for sure. Especially because of music (which is great imo)... Nooooooow Iiiiiiii faaaaaace ouuuuuuut I hooooooold oooouuuuuuuut. Unbereable. I'll try to finish first dungeon, maybe next one will work nicer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well it's very strange in battle I get the fps slow down at 45 some time, for the rest they're always at 60...wich plugins are you using? I'm using Gsdx ver 0.1.10 and Zero SPU2 0.4.6 and Disable Forced ABS, EE/IOP sync hack (x2) and denomals are zero in the speed hacks section

·
Registered
16 Posts
I get the same slowdowns in those areas / battle.

It's weird because it doesn't appear to be a CPU bottleneck, E8400 @ 4.1ghz will only be at about 65% load when I'm in those low frame rate battles (usually ones with 5+ enemies), and it doesn't seem to be a GPU bottleneck because setting internal native resolution in GSDX vs 2048x2048 doesn't change the framerate at all.

·
Registered
11 Posts
same problems as the rest of the posters, fps drops to 45ish only in shopping district and in some battles, i notice it drops for sure in yukiko's shadow.
After i got yukiko as a party member i noticed slight fps drop ,51ish fps, when the battle menu pops up, its probably that stupid television effect filter lagging up the place.

like the previous poster changing internal res does nothing neither does x3 EE/IOP hack
I'm using 393 x3 and latest gsdx

·
Registered
2 Posts

I'm hitting like...30-40 fps, still bearable, but I was wondering if there were some ways I could tweak it to make it go a bit faster?

(Intel Quad core Q6600, Nvidia 8600 GT, GSdx 1.1.12, latest PCSX2 SVN version)
It's horribly slow for me, 15-20fps while in school :eyemove:

SMT Nocturne was an almost steady 60fps

([email protected], ATI X1950PRO, GSdx 1.1.12, PCSX2 playground 1.0.0395)

Would an OC'd Q6600 boost my speeds?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I haven't even gotten to the shopping district because the school portion after the first battle is so unplayably slow. Maybe at its best I get around 30 fps in class. Should I be able to run the game well with these specs:

Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.5GHz
6 GB RAM
Geforce 9800 GT
running the latest gsdx on 0.9.5

If someone could post their configuration for Persona 4 that'd be great

·
Registered
16 Posts
I haven't even gotten to the shopping district because the school portion after the first battle is so unplayably slow. Maybe at its best I get around 30 fps in class. Should I be able to run the game well with these specs:

Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.5GHz
6 GB RAM
Geforce 9800 GT
running the latest gsdx on 0.9.5

If someone could post their configuration for Persona 4 that'd be great
There is more you can do about this (latest playground builds, "denormals are zero" setting), but it won't be enough. Your CPU needs to be overclocked if you want to play this fine, PCSX2 only uses up to 2 cores, so your system is performing in PCSX2 like a 2.5ghz dual core which isn't enough.

Like I've posted above, my 4.1ghz dual core can't run this game 100% smoothly (but for the most part pretty playable), 2.5ghz is going to be much worse.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I get the same slowdowns as you all, and I played Persona 3 almost perfect, aside from 5% of the game.

Mostly in the market, and some random battles. Not "random battles", but random battles.

Most frightening is the claim that there is NO WAY for the pcsx2 to get past the month of October. If this is the case, we are all screwing ourselves over in the long run anyway, can anyone confirm/deconfirm this?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I snuck a peak at your discussion on the 'official' forum, and it hit me like a brilliant bolt of lightning.

The advice is very good. Try loading the saved (real save) game on a different build (probably the official build since its most stable?). get past the part. Then reload onto your faster build.

I'll await your reply

1 - 20 of 20 Posts