Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Read Only
9,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing as this type of threads occur regularly, I would like to make this the official remember the name of a game thread.

Now I might as well start this. :D

I used to play a game on Snes, which I enjoyed a lot, was like action RPG, first it's NOT ZELDA.
I think you started on a forest and the player which was a blonde boy I think, had a dream or something.
I remember you used to fight like pig monsters and there was this difficult area like a mine where you had to carefully drive a cart trough the rails.
There was also an area like a forest labyrinth.

That's what I remember at the moment.

Take a guess and help me find this game title.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Secret of Mana / Seiken Densetsu 2 or 3

there was this difficult area like a mine where you had to carefully drive a cart trough the rails.
EDIT: nm. I don't remember a part like this. :/

·
Numbers Guy
164 Posts

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
Im trying to remember the name of a game for the Sega Genesis. It had a dwarf with an axe, a woman and a man with a sword on the cover. Cant remember the name of it thou for the life of me.

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts
I have no intention of actually playing this, but it'd be nice to know just WHAT it was.

Console: Genesis
Genre: Arcade-style shooter

Think something akin to R-Type, but have the view be vertical and overhead instead of horizontal, and have the ship you control actually be a flying magician. Method of transport is fuzzy, though it could have been a simple, old broom.

You had three types of powers at your disposal, with special attacks for each one. I can only remember two of the specials, those being some giant bubbles and a fire dragon.

The game had you go through some forest area to get into a castle, and ultimately had you fight in a crytal room against some sort of king(or to rescue some sort of king that was visible on the screen).

Origin, developers and publishers of the game are unknown to me, but I THINK it was in English, so it probably made it's way to the States or Europe(it HAD to get here through either country).

Good luck finding it, and thanks if you do.

EDIT: Oh, and the only other thing I remember from the game is that the HUD was at the right side and was some shade of blue(typical, isn't it?).

EDIT 2: Scratch that. I remember the HUD was at the right side of the screen, and the magician MIGHT have been flying. The color of the HUD is too fuzzy, as are the details of how he traveled. I'd rather not confuse you with that.

·
Numbers Guy
164 Posts
@Matis: Your description first made me think of Twinkle Star Sprites for some reason, but that was never ported to the Genesis and was more of a competitive puzzle game (split-screen) so that can't be it.

The only thing that seems to come close to what you're describing is Twinkle Tale:

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts
Twinkle Tale, eh? That might just be it. I don't recall if it even had a story, but I do remember there being dialogue. However, it wasn either in English or Japanese, and I didn't even know English back when I played it(circa 1994-1996 or so).

No way to legally try it to test, so I'll see if I can find any videos of it in YouTube or something. Will edit if I find anything. By the way, if it is anything like what I remember, the game was quite fun(for a shooter, at least). Not really on the hard side(I beat it when I was 4-6? Well...I DID get quite far in Battletoads back in the day, so hell, could be).

EDIT: Levels 1&2. Almost exactly as I remembered it to be. Magician, homing bubbles, fire dragon, three spells, shooter, forest and castle stages being the first. I must have played it in Japanese, seeing as I had the cart for the game. How did a Japanese cart made it to Argetina, I'll never know, but I had more than one(like that Saint Seiya game for NES).

·
Read Only
9,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey that looks pretty fun matis, and you had a Saint Seiya nes cart?
I've always wanted to play a Saint Seiya game back in the day, was always crazy for the anime.
Yeah I know there is a ps2 title for it now.

1 - 20 of 204 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.