Next Generation Emulation banner

21 - 40 of 374 Posts

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
Reichfuher said:
Have fun playing alone or with bots. Steam makes pirates sp only, pretty much. IMO they did a ton of great work that would of never been accomplished by some normal mod group. Valve bought it, they capitalized on it, if you dont like it go to china you damn commie. You're from the USA, you should know that!
You of all people should know Steam has it's flaws :p, you sent me one...And it doesn't really matter to me. HL2 single player i can manage until GOOD mods come out...and last i heard American's aren't communist....think you got one too many hockey pucks to the face there ya crazy canadian :p

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I completely agree with Reich. Myself, i will prolly buy the bronze steam package, as im not THAT interested in HL2's SP (yea i know, funny) and i want online capabilities for CS:S. As for HL1:S & DoD:S .. never played the HL1 SP fully and never liked DoD, so not much reason to buy their upgraded versions .. They are single player games anyway, and without online capabilities i might need .. well .. you know what i mean, dont you, n1ghtw0lf ? ;)

·
Crazy White Boy
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Why do we(ATI Voucher owners) only get the Bronze Version?
This sux!
Now i have to pay when i want to play hl:1 source or dod source...

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
They promised you HL2 with the Voucher .. and you got CS:S too. I dont think its a bad deal at all .. they never promised you DOD:S or HL:S or all of the mods and stuff (Valve's Back Catalog).

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Agreed! Plus i might be glad to pay for hl1 source if hl2 is good. (Only saying hl2 is good couse i already know cs source is ;) ). Plus owners of somepackadges will have discounts on the other ones.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Yea, they are planning on upgrade features, so you wont buy the entire pack every time .. Could be affordable for someone who only wants certain parts.

·
Registered
391 Posts
STEAM OFFERINGS

1. "Bronze" -- $49.95
-- Half-Life 2*
-- Counter-Strike: Source
*(To be made available upon product's release.)

2. "Silver" -- $59.95
-- Half-Life 2*
-- Half-Life 1: Source*
-- Day of Defeat: Source*
-- Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam *(To be made available upon products' release.)

3. "Gold" -- $89.95
-- Half-Life 2*
-- Half-Life 1: Source*
-- Day of Defeat: Source*
-- Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam
-- Complete Half-Life 2 Strategy Guide from Prima Games
-- 3 different Half-Life 2 posters
-- Half-Life Collector's box
-- Half-Life 2 hat
-- Half-Life 2 postcard
-- Half-Life 2 stickers
-- Half-Life 2 Soundtrack CD
-- Chance to win a trip to Valve! (1 trip offered for every 5000 Gold packages purchased). *(To be made available upon products' release.)

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Holy Molly, look at those prices .. tho, its not really worth buying the bronze pack, you get DOD:S and HL1:S plus the back catalog for only 10$ more .. I think ill go for the silver (im not planning on getting a retail box edition).

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Its not very expensive. Its about the average price for games here in Portugal

·
Link to the Underworld
1,148 Posts
no, most fairly big budget (and beyond) games retailed at $50 initially since 1994 or so. ****, remember the N64? Hello $65 games!

As to people complaining that the same price for bronze and normal retail is bull****, you have to realise that valve is probably contractually held to keep their price the same as the retail, just as their contractually held to release the game when VUG does.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Indeed, same way the cannot release HL2 on steam until it hits the shelves. Contract issues.

I believe that was the issue of the law suit between the two companies.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Well from all the news sources bustling about it seems half-life 2 will be out early november... if were lucky. I personally am looking forward to the SP more because there are much better games for multiplayer. A.k.a. battlefield 1942 (with desert combat mod) or COD, etc.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Mr.Smith said:
Meh, that's not a big deal. I mean, I bought it and I had fun for 5 years with that CD-key. And now I have HL tied to another CD-key, so what?
Its still not right. You are still entitled to that product. You could of gave it to a friend or sold it so valve is stealing it away... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Actually, I'm glad it's like that because everyone in high school used my CD-key to install and now they can't use it. Muahaha!

But yeah, now that I actually think of it, it does kind of suck.

21 - 40 of 374 Posts