Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 374 Posts

·
Crazy White Boy
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Half-Life 2 offers have been finalized.

The Half-Life 2 offers have been finalized. Details are pasted below. The Steam offers will be available for purchase next week. Those who purchase via Steam, will receive the final version of Counter-Strike: Source immediately. Half-Life 2 and other games in the Steam offerings will be made available to purchasers upon their release.

RETAIL BOXES:

* Standard Edition
— includes HL2 and CS:Source. Ships on six CDs, in one of three box-art packages (Gordon, Alyx or the G-Man),

* Collector's Edition
— includes Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 1: Source, a Half-Life 2 T-shirtand a Prima book sampler. Ships on a single DVD.

STEAM PACKAGES:

* Bronze

— HL2*
— CS:Source

* Silver

— HL2*
— Counter-Strike: Source
— Half-Life 1: Source*
— Day of Defeat: Source*
— Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam

* Gold

— HL2*
— Counter-Strike: Source
— Half-Life 1: Source*
— Day of Defeat: Source*
— Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam
— Complete Strategy Guide from Prima Games
— 3 different Half-Life 2 posters
— Half-Life 2 hat
— Half-Life 2 postcard
— Half-Life 2 stickers
— Half-Life 2 Soundtrack CD
— Chance to win a trip to Valve! (1 trip offered for every 5000 Gold packages purchased).

*To be made available upon product's release.

Also revealed, the full version of CS:Source will be available to Steam purchasers next week!

Source: http://www.hlfallout.net/

·
Nobody Knows Him
526 Posts
Thx for the great news :D

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
That means HL2 is really going to be here before i am deceased?
Cool

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Any of you guys know what packadge is the ATI Bundle?

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
If VU doesn't delayes it again.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hmm...so does this mean the people who don't get Silver or Gold can't play Day of Defeat: Source? I hope that's not true...

I'll probably get the Collector's Edition for $80. I really want HL:Source and a hard copy of the real DVD with a real box, not some burned DVD with a GCF on it and sloppy handwriting that say "Half-Life 2". :p

For any of those who are curious, this is what the Collector's edition box looks like.

·
Crazy White Boy
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They did not say clearly what ATI Voucher Owners get, i hope we get the Silver Version.

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Why would people want HL1 source??

·
Registered
391 Posts
LuZi said:
They did not say clearly what ATI Voucher Owners get, i hope we get the Silver Version.
ATI Voucher's get bronze.

"The ATI key holders will receive the Bronze package. There will be the opportunity to upgrade packages, but the cost has not yet been announced." -
VE3D

And I want HL: Source because Half-Life 1 is a great game and I would like to replay it with new improved graphics just like I did with the Dooms (the OpenGL things), Quake 1 (Tenebrae), and Duke Nukem 3D (Jonof's port).

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
W00t! Steal more source code from HL3! :p J/K (calm down fools) :heh:

Blah, I'll get bronze or dirt version :p As long as you can play the game, all those extra's mean nothing.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mr.Smith said:
Hmm...so does this mean the people who don't get Silver or Gold can't play Day of Defeat: Source? I hope that's not true...

I'll probably get the Collector's Edition for $80. I really want HL:Source and a hard copy of the real DVD with a real box, not some burned DVD with a GCF on it and sloppy handwriting that say "Half-Life 2". :p

For any of those who are curious, this is what the Collector's edition box looks like.
DoD and CS source will be released as stand-alone products for people do not want to buy HL2.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Mr.Smith said:
ATI Voucher's get bronze.

"The ATI key holders will receive the Bronze package. There will be the opportunity to upgrade packages, but the cost has not yet been announced." -
VE3D

And I want HL: Source because Half-Life 1 is a great game and I would like to replay it with new improved graphics just like I did with the Dooms (the OpenGL things), Quake 1 (Tenebrae), and Duke Nukem 3D (Jonof's port).
Ahh pety! I really wanted HL1 Source as well. Maybe i'll buy it anyway.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Typhoon 01 said:
That means HL2 is really going to be here before i am deceased?
Cool
Ok, for you and everyone that wants to post that stuff again about HL2 being delayed etc. HA-HA. Its been done before, it is officially lame. With info like this and CS:S being released within the next week or so, HL2 must be close.

Let it go.

·
Registered
391 Posts
SlugZilla said:
DoD and CS source will be released as stand-alone products for people do not want to buy HL2.
Yeah, I know that. But I'm wondering if those will be avaiable free to download for people who don't buy either Silver or Gold but the other packages. That's what I'm more concerned about.

·
Link to the Underworld
1,148 Posts
Mr.Smith said:
Yeah, I know that. But I'm wondering if those will be avaiable free to download for people who don't buy either Silver or Gold but the other packages. That's what I'm more concerned about.
think about it. Through steam you're paying to download. Why would they charge you extra for silver when the things are free in bronze? They wouldn't. They're clearly not available for free unless you get the colectors edition in stores or order silver/gold.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'm talking about in the future or something. Mods are cool because they are free...or were free. And DoD is not available for Collectors. It's only available for Silver and Gold.

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
l3illyl3ob said:
think about it. Through steam you're paying to download. Why would they charge you extra for silver when the things are free in bronze? They wouldn't. They're clearly not available for free unless you get the colectors edition in stores or order silver/gold.
What a stupid decision on valve's part. Mods are meant to be free...thats why they are mods and not the actual game. They ain't getting my well earned money for being money-hungry *******s. I guess acquiring these "mods" in "frowned-upon" methods are the way to go.
:???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
N1ghtw0lf said:
What a stupid decision on valve's part. Mods are meant to be free...thats why they are mods and not the actual game. They ain't getting my well earned money for being money-hungry *******s. I guess acquiring these "mods" in "frowned-upon" methods are the way to go.
:???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:
Have fun playing alone or with bots. Steam makes pirates sp only, pretty much. IMO they did a ton of great work that would of never been accomplished by some normal mod group. Valve bought it, they capitalized on it, if you dont like it go to china you damn commie. You're from the USA, you should know that!

EDIT: You know as well as everyone else that the HL2 story line owns the UT2k4 story simply because it has one, and CS:S is a much better multiplayer experince because it isnt just a dumb DM like like doom3. (And no offence to china or its citizens :) )

1 - 20 of 374 Posts