Next Generation Emulation banner

2641 - 2660 of 2707 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
AI
5,295 Posts
PSA for Humble monthly subscribers: If you have not redeemed Overwatch from the October 2018 bundle, the key will expire by December 31, 2019, 12:00:00 AM PST (3 days).

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,810 Posts
I know people don't like the EPIC store and they have a point but they are having some great deals right now and I wish Steam was doing the same. For instance you can get the Fallen Order for 39 bucks and I want that game on Steam but is almost 50 bucks there. I was looking for cheap keys but all of them just have origin so meh.

·
Classic Games Lover
5,272 Posts
You have to run Origin anyways... So I myself would rather get it there in the end, rather than run two launchers. Same with Ubisoft, Rockstar, etc. games. Check out Gog Galaxy 2.0 and you can gather all your games there. Why would you insist on Steam? Achievements? Nah, you're not into those.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,810 Posts
You have to run Origin anyways... So I myself would rather get it there in the end, rather than run two launchers. Same with Ubisoft, Rockstar, etc. games. Check out Gog Galaxy 2.0 and you can gather all your games there. Why would you insist on Steam? Achievements? Nah, you're not into those.
I just like to have my games on Steam but if we have another RDR2 case here where you have to install and launch Rockstar's launcher I think you are right here.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,595 Posts
If there is a game exclusive to the epic store and I really want it then I'll install that crap as it's just another launcher, but I'm not a fan. Same with Origin.
I guess it's ok that there is some competition but that doesn't make me a fan of having all kinds of additional software on my computer.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
I tend to use the store used by whoever made the game whenever possible. I'd rather they get the money, so I don't mind buying a game outside Steam. Hell, I tried the Windows Store early on, but wasn't impressed at all. The Xbox (Beta) app is thankfully better, even if it could improve further.
Origin pushed Steam toward better refund policies, and I'm hoping the Epic store will push Steam toward bringing back great deals.
I know Epic is just using that Fortnite money to tempt us into using the store, but I quite honestly don't mind. It might push Steam to use some of that Steam money too.

It's insane to think how large my Epic collection is despite me buying few games, they give out so many games I now have around 70 of them in my library.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,810 Posts
If there is a game exclusive to the epic store and I really want it then I'll install that crap as it's just another launcher, but I'm not a fan. Same with Origin.
I guess it's ok that there is some competition but that doesn't make me a fan of having all kinds of additional software on my computer.
There is one exclusive game I want from the Epic store and that is Detroit Become Human. I really like that game but my PS4 Pro got extremely loud and I could hear it even if is in another room. What bothered me though were the many slow downs the game have and on PC its just the better experience I believe.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,810 Posts
I tend to use the store used by whoever made the game whenever possible. I'd rather they get the money, so I don't mind buying a game outside Steam. Hell, I tried the Windows Store early on, but wasn't impressed at all. The Xbox (Beta) app is thankfully better, even if it could improve further.
Origin pushed Steam toward better refund policies, and I'm hoping the Epic store will push Steam toward bringing back great deals.
I know Epic is just using that Fortnite money to tempt us into using the store, but I quite honestly don't mind. It might push Steam to use some of that Steam money too.

It's insane to think how large my Epic collection is despite me buying few games, they give out so many games I now have around 70 of them in my library.
I just like to have everything on Steam and even I don't know why. I saw that you can login using your PS/Xbox/Switch accounts do you guys know what is that for? just wondering.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
I just like to have everything on Steam and even I don't know why. I saw that you can login using your PS/Xbox/Switch accounts do you guys know what is that for? just wondering.
Can you share a link for the page? I'm not sure I'm seeing it.
In the past I've had websites ask to link to my Steam account, but it was usually to redeem a game on Steam, or to share my game history/show which game I was playing.

2641 - 2660 of 2707 Posts