Next Generation Emulation banner

8301 - 8320 of 8323 Posts

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,148 Posts
Strangely i seem to have swiped places with @ruantec, i've come to love windows 8 more and more while he seems to get a bit of distance from it :p. Its been working great and i'm really impressed with it so far.
Indeed, Windows 8 is a great OS and i really like it too but due to business plans in my life i'm not using it at all except for a Virtual Machine to run games.

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,148 Posts
Yeah, that's one of the features i like most after the ability to restore Windows without losing data ;) also the lack of startmenu is also not an issue for me anymore since i got used to the new style so i found myself now not using any third party startmenus.

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,148 Posts
Yeah, at first it all looks simplistic and kinda messy but is quite easy to customize. I'm not sure if you are using the latest version but the icons look a little like denim. In the latest version you can setup a background and also set the tiles transparency. I really liked that feature with certain backgrounds and it give a really nice touch.

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
@Hyuga is that your gaming pc or another laptop or second rig?

I use windows 10 on this HTPC which has a 40 tv as its monitor (wife is used to it too) and Mac OS on my work Macbook Pro. I tried Linux on my previous windows laptop, although nice it didn't provide me enough to ditch windows.

·
Classic Games Lover
5,280 Posts
This is the main PC. Windows has been a bother for years, and I have become concerned about my privacy, too. Read MS EULA. They can do whatever they want with your PC at any time, install whatever they want and you have to agree, no choice. MacOS isn't any better. You would be surprised how much data mining is happening on those systems. I'd rather stay in control of my pc without a hyper user over my head, doing whatever they please with my system. Everything I need, works under Linux. I regret not having moved much, much earlier. No more Windows bullshit now, though :)

I don't understand what Linux needs to provide for people to warrant the move. Stability? Privacy? Freedom? Security? It has it all. Linux hard to use? Hardly, it has never been easier. People need to stop being ignorant and blind.

8301 - 8320 of 8323 Posts