·
Fluffy Animal Admirer
3,398 Posts
Current desktop :p

·
niku
1,437 Posts
^Cute fox ^^, messy desktop :p.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well here is mine...

Desktop:

XBMC:

When i had seen the render in my sig i liked it so much that i went and decided to turn it into a wallpaper and create a bg for it, the result felt like i was on drugs but i liked it, while searching for other scans to use as renders for sig and and avatar i came over this and decided to go for this as wallpaper, so i adapted the bg for it, quite pleased with the results despite of the really abstract feel XD.
those boobs are way too BIG
makes the anime girl look weird makes you look weird for posting it :p

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
Already posted this in the pics of recent purchases thread, but here it is anyway...

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,148 Posts
As usual awesome pics both of you. the only thing i personally don't like is your taskbar DS as it looks kinda weird with the startbutton vertically centered while the rest is at the top. I would increase the DPI size if i were you or even better...... if you ever decide to use Windows 8.1 you can actually scale things separately to have a better control ;)

Here a pic(i know is in German but you get the idea)
Unbenannt.jpg

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
I could half the size of the taskbar, but after years of having it double sized I've become used to it.
To me, this feels normal.

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,148 Posts
My new Desktop after a fresh install(as you can notice in the first Picture i'm installing Visual Studio hehehehe). I have to say that i like some of the Windows 8 features which work across devices so all my devices look the same and share the same info if i want:

Wallpaper.jpg

WP_20140408_007.jpg

Wallpaper2.jpg

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,720 Posts
yeah, 8.1 should be the best performer ... though ideally I'd prefer Windows 7 with 8's speed improvements.
There's so much with Windows 8(.1) that's not quite right, but that's mostly all related to the new UI that really feels bolted on when on a desktop pc (it's probably great on a tablet / surface).
They should've kept aero as well... there was nothing wrong with how it looked.

I'm sticking with Win 8.1 now though... until the next version of Windows comes out, that is.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,720 Posts
Windows 8 basically is aero only (always on), just with a lot of effects (Aero Glass) removed and vsync forced on at all times. They removed the classic option as well, which is a shame.

what I meant in my previous post is I think they should've kept Aero Glass, it looked better IMO.

8281 - 8300 of 8323 Posts