Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new to the boards here. I created an account so that I could ask the creator/maintainer of Virtual Jaguar if I could use most of the source code from it in a project that I'm wanting to create.

The project I'm creating would be use a Mini-ITX or NanoITX motherboard and a special LFS (Linux From Scratch) system I'm designing. I'd like to be able to have this operating system boot to a simple selection menu from where one could run either Lynx or Jaguar games. A USB controller would be used for the input. Underneath the hood, I was thinking of using Handy for the Lynx emulation and Virtual Jaguar for the Jaguar emulation.

I have plans for other things to add to this, but this is the first large goal of the project.

So.. Can I use the source in my project? :)

·
Am I real?
529 Posts
Im not sure if he posts anymore but i know we have a few on the board that know him...give it a couple of days and im sure we can find out. Appreciate you asking permission though...you would be surprised at how many people just steal other peoples stuff...an example being Motionjoy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whats Motionjoy?

Thank you very much for the reply. Hopefully he will get back to me. It seems the website has no way of contacting the creator, this seemed like the best bet. As for asking for permission vs stealing its the principle of the matter. I know virtual jaguar is gpl3, but what way would i like to be treated if someone wanted to use parts of my program?

I'd also like to highlight the use of the emulator and give recognition. Kinda hard if its a program i stole from someone else. ;-)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts