Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At first, I'd like to thank you (the author) for creating a new emulator, which hopefully offers us even better compatibility than ConnectixVGS (which is IMO better than epsxe in cases of compatibility).

Unfortunately, it's very slow for me. I don't think, it's because of my computer specs:

AMD Athlon 2600XP
2GB DDR RAM 333
Nvidia GeForce 6600GT
using WindowsXP+Service Pack

I thought, resolution might be a reason for that, but haven't found any setting to change it (which may be good like in VGS) or switch to full screen.
I think that's the reason why tekken 3 runs very sloppy.
Any help?

·
PCSX2 Coder
11,343 Posts
dude, seriously, this iss the first ever release of the emulator, you cant expect it to run super mega fast!

if you want to speed it up, go into the configuration and put the frameskip up

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
with that rig, you'd do better with ePSXe, PSXeven, or SSSPSX, because you can use plugins (like Pete's great HW plugins) and get better graphics and perhaps speed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
speed is ok after installing the latest directX drivers (december 2005 ones), i prefer emulators without plugin support (e.g. connectix) as plugins can cause graphical glitches (direct3D or openGL)

·
Premium Member
8,394 Posts
newster said:
that's one of the reasons why i'm waiting for the new n64 emulator (via mame) (forgotten its name, but it's at the news on the main site)
doesnt really have a name, it's Vile Linde's wip. Hacktarux had made a soft plugin a while back but unfortunatly stopped working on it. IIRC it ran SM64...but thats it :p

As for pSX running a bit slow, the only thing that you could really do is what refraction said and/or kill a few processes that could be using too much ressources...

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
hushypushy said:
with that rig, you'd do better with ePSXe, PSXeven, or SSSPSX, because you can use plugins (like Pete's great HW plugins) and get better graphics and perhaps speed.
Actually, this new emulator is about 80% more accurate...it may be software, but who cares???..even on the best of days with acceleration, it is still a psx game...and acceleration produces some undesired affects. Don't get me wrong, I love ePSXe, but this one feels more like a real PSX, and via tv out, looks exactly the same.

as to the original poster... Alt-enter gives you full screen...make sure vsync is turned on for direct3d (Without it the emu runs so fast it is choppy), it isn't resolution...it uses 640x480 no matter what your desktop is set to.... Tekken is one of the problem games, so that could also be part of the issue

·
Registered
68 Posts
Musashi said:
Come on, is the 2th emulator's version. Gimme a break...:smash:
I'm not criticizing the emulator for not running this game or that one. In fact, it ran some games of mine flawlessly - games that couldn't be decently ran at any other known emulator -, and I thank the author for that. I was just saying that it has some compatibility issues - maybe empTness couldn't run 'every game', and that list would help him having a idea (at least I hope so).

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
yes, Melanogaster is right. he was simply pointing out that empTness' "every game" statement might be a little far from the truth. he wasnt criticizing the emulator, asking for new features, or anything like that.

·
Eh??
1,739 Posts
Also, I might add that MANY games work on this emu, but aren't fully playable! Example: Valkyrie Profile! It seems perfect, Its fast and has great graphics... But when you get to the map screen, it just crashes, so its impossible to continue.

The compatibility is lower than it seems, 'cause many games start, but freezes after a while.

About the performance, I noticed that this emu works faster on some crappy PCs and slower on some great PCs. Its weird, but its true! Also, NEVER leave the frameskip enabled, as its VERY buggy at this stage of the emu.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.