Next Generation Emulation banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Emu author
1,488 Posts
Originally posted by Ryoga

Nope, perfect means in every way, there are stil lgames that don't run on ZSNES, although few, and it will never actually achieve perfection, because they "technically" gave up on Star Ocean and Far East of Eden, they are emulated, but not truly, they cheated to get around it, which doesn't count for perfection.
It's somewhat of a grey area. Is emulating a certain chip really necessary in completely emulating the SNES? That's more emulating a specific game than the SNES itself. Could you give us some other examples of how a certain other system's emulator will never reach perfection? I think perfection is very subjective, and is in the eyes of the beholder.

- Exophase

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Originally posted by Exophase

It's somewhat of a grey area. Is emulating a certain chip really necessary in completely emulating the SNES? That's more emulating a specific game than the SNES itself. Could you give us some other examples of how a certain other system's emulator will never reach perfection? I think perfection is very subjective, and is in the eyes of the beholder.

- Exophase
Of course it's neccesary! They emulated the SuperFX chip. Why not try the rest?

·
Emu author
1,488 Posts
Originally posted by Esturk17

Of course it's neccesary! They emulated the SuperFX chip. Why not try the rest?
I didn't mean it wasn't something that should be done, I just meant that it doesn't have to be necessary to have perfect SNES emulation, since it isn't really part of the SNES.

- Exo

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Originally posted by Exophase

I didn't mean it wasn't something that should be done, I just meant that it doesn't have to be necessary to have perfect SNES emulation, since it isn't really part of the SNES.

- Exo
I see what you mean now. Sorry dude.:) I guess emulating those extra chips would be extras.

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
IMO, we passed perfection... compatability issues will always remain, but thats your problem, not the emulator's... Emulators have added colour blending, higher quality visuals and audios... cheats, internet play (for some emulators), SAVE STATES, and other stuff... so how could you say theyre anything less than perfect? i think id rather have all those things that were added rather than 1 or 2 cheap old games work on my emulator. I think the nes emulator Nesticle (sounds a bit odd doesnt it) imrpoved on the nes... you dont get a black screen when u start the nintendo ;) ...

heres my opinion on the best emulator for each console
Nes: Nesticle
Genesis: Genecyst
Snes: Zsnes
N64: No opinion
Playstation: ePSXe

21 - 25 of 25 Posts