5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe how near-perfection these games run on my ePSXe setup:

Gran Turismo
Soul Reaver (!)
Spyro
Spyro 3
Castlevania SOTN

I have a Dell P4 with a GeForce2 MX. I use my Samsung CD-RW to read the PSX CDs. I have a Gravis Eliminator Aftershock with dead zone set to min and sensitivity near max. Here's the emu setup:

7502 Bios
Pete's OpenGL 1.50 Video
Pete's DSound 1.10 Audio
ePSXe CDR ASPI core 1.4.0

I get spot-on frame rate, audio FX, music, speech, movies and analog control (except Castlevania, of course). This at 1024x768 16-bit. Soul Reaver's performance made me jump up and cheer! :D I have been trying to get the awesome speech in that game to reproduce correctly for months. The slight freeze whenever the CD drive has to spin back up (something a real PSX never has to do) in this streaming game was cured by making an ISO.

Anyway, I went on longer than I intended. My reason for posting is a big, loud THANK YOU to the awesome ePSXe team and plugin authors. Great work--better than I thought possible. You rock!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I have try it...it's the best emulator around...but i don't know why i want to wait for the installer instead of using the zip one!!!

·
Blitz Gundam Pilot
1,014 Posts
ePSXe is the best emulator

·
Registered
51 Posts
...it's the best emulator around.
Blah, take a look around. Of course EPSXE rocks but I know more than one emulators that are equally good or better. So there.

but i don't know why i want to wait for the installer instead of using the zip one!!!
Yeah, why?

·
Registered
12 Posts
ePSXe is perfect

Yeah indeed it is. I even don't have a playstation. Only the games. And until now all of them work expect Final Fantasy 8 (It works partially)

S

·
0 Posts
Nik, watch it!!!!!!!:mad: I don't like your attitude at all. I am an administrator on this board and I will not tolerate this type of thing. Got it?? Also you say you know of other better emulators than ePSXe, are they PSX ones? If they aren't, then you can't compare them. If they are PSX emulators, which are they? ePSXe is the best PSX emulator going today. It has even surpassed VGS IMHO. Before making nasty comments like this, be prepared to back them up. Thank you.
I agree, ePSXe is superb. Castlevania SOTN run perfectly for me now. All sound and speech are there. Gauntlet Legends is the same way. I can now enjoy PSX games the way, I believe, they were ment to be played.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
12 Posts
Originally posted by sxamiga
Nik, watch it!!!!!!!:mad: I don't like your attitude at all. I am an administrator on this board and I will not tolerate this type of thing. Got it?? Also you say you know of other better emulators than ePSXe, are they PSX ones? If they aren't, then you can't compare them. If they are PSX emulators, which are they? ePSXe is the best PSX emulator going today. It has even surpassed VGS IMHO. Before making nasty comments like this, be prepared to back them up. Thank you.
I agree, ePSXe is superb. Castlevania SOTN run perfectly for me now. All sound and speech are there. Gauntlet Legends is the same way. I can now enjoy PSX games the way, I believe, they were ment to be played.
sincerely,
sx/amiga
Who you think you are sx/amiga? He can post his opinion about the emulator he want. If you like the Epsxe so much, just shut your mouth before say something stupid about the opinon of ther person. And you think wee scare you because your are administrator in this forum? LOL:mad:

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
hmm.....
Someone's gonna get banned.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
well..he s not totally wrong:
he can have his own opinion (but what a weird opinion ^^ )
but no need to be angry like this.

Don t u think u two?

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Yeah but he doesn't need to insult sxamiga.
I also think that sxamiga got on is nerves a bit fast,there was no real reason to be nervous like that.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
He didn't flame ePSXe,he just said that he knows some better emus(which I doubt he does).

S

·
0 Posts
Shi-shi-o, I know who I am, the question is, who are you? I acted the way I did because of the way he stated it. It did not sound like an opinion to me, it sounded like a direct slam on the emulator and the people who created it and also the people who think it is superb. I do not like attititudes like that, nor do I like yours. Calling me stupid just makes it worse. Yes, I think you should be scared of what you say or do, because, as Raziel said, someone could get banned. I have the power to do that and I will if I have to. So watch it, you too have been warned!:mad: I am now closing this thread, as i feel this has gone far enough.
Balem, of course it will be even greater when it supports Valkyrie Profile, Parasite Eve 2, FF 9 UK PAL, Dino Crisis 1 US NTSC from CD, and some of the others that don't work right now. But what it does do and the compatability that it now has makes it just great in my book. Those other games will come too, you'll see, I'm sure they will, we just have to be patient and wait.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.