Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just upgraded my computer.

I was running an amd Athlon XP2800+ and a 256 mb radeon x800pro agp

now i'm running an athlon x2 4400+ and 256mb radeon x800xl pci-e

both on 1gb of dual channel ram.

Well, on the old system, peops soft ran great, no slowdown, etc. However, on my new system, with the stretching on (supereagle or 2xsal) it runs slow, like 30 fps. What can I do to remedy this? i'm running the newest drivers for everything.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
well sorry, your computer is just too slow. these days, you're gonna need at least the 5000+ if you want ePSXe to run smoothly.

nah just kidding.

anyway, did you try setting ePSXe's processor affinity to only one CPU?

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
well i have no freakin idea since i dont have a dual core processor. alas! this guy is having the same sort of problems as you: http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65084

dann0r said:
Basically the symptoms I had were an unstable frame rate, severe stuttering/hitching, and the sound speeding up, slowing down, and cutting out. All the problems disappeared after I altered ePSXe.exe so it could only use one core.
you can read that thread, and if you still have questions, i suggest you PM him and exchange ideas and experiences.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
well, peops looks ubercool in 2D games, like Valkyrie Profile, which was neither a crappy port nor in 3D ;) megaman and castlevania games also come to mind :rolleyes:

but its all personal preference, so if you like OGL2, use it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
thats when ppl buy the newest hardware and there is NO software which supports it.
when software comes out for support, your hardware needs to be replaced again....dont play with the hardware devil :>

im not able to install win64 because there are no good driver, even a half year later.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.