Next Generation Emulation banner
621 - 625 of 625 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
is that worse than the default ones?
please read: https://www.ngemu.com/threads/pcsxr-pgxp.186369/page-50#post-2728237

in short, you will probably need at least the spuPeopsDSound109.dll version for some games and you will need spuPeopsSound_110b_svn7.dll for others. I can't say whether with both of them the PSX game library can be played.

I use 1.09 by default, maybe most jrpg games need 1.10b svn 7, I don't have the habit of playing them, I believe they were mentioned in the 1.10b changelogs. [I may be wrong!]

cheers!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hmm, i just noticed that i get lower fps in game (so everything goes like slowmo) with async wait or on-demand.
I recall having this before on a game, Silent Hill.
I thought it was PGXP though, as i think removing it made it faster, but i could be wrong.
But here on Alundra 2, it doesn't matter what i do, i can even overclock the cpu.
But changing the audio to anything below Async Wait solved that speed issue.

Anyone else having this?

EDIT:
Just checked and the sound will play faster, now i am not sure if the slower is correct or not.
But it's annoying cause the ingame cutscenes all go out of sync, so gotta solve it somehow haha xd

EDIT 2:
Okay overclocking does work, i just need to restart the pcsxr for it to apply it seems.
Odd, that would imply that this game really runs that slow.. but it doesn't make sense as the cutscenes are a mess, like several seconds out of sync in some cases,
it couldn't possibly be like that originally.

EDIT 3:
Correction, overclocking works but only if the fps is limited by the graphics plugin, and not the audio plugin, then it's always slow.
And i tested the game on Xebra, and there it doesn't go out of sync, at least not in the first cutscene.

EDIT 4:
It works correctly on epsxe, so this must be the same thing i had on Silent Hill as i remember epsxe not having that issue.
I suspect it must be something in the core of pcsxr where it maybe messes up the timer, or it thinks some stuff uses more cpu cycles than it should which would slow the game down.

It's at least not an issue with the audio plugin like i first thought, but sadly there's probably no solution for this as it's been around forever i guess:(

·
Registered
17 Posts
I suspect it must be something in the core of pcsxr where it maybe messes up the timer, or it thinks some stuff uses more cpu cycles than it should which would slow the game down.
the same happens with MGS1 and is more noticeable in the back of the tower elevator before the second fight against Wolf
I remember that the lower versions of the 2.0 ePSXe had that problem, I would really like to only use PCSXR

·
Registered
90 Posts
the same happens with MGS1 and is more noticeable in the back of the tower elevator before the second fight against Wolf
I remember that the lower versions of the 2.0 ePSXe had that problem, I would really like to only use PCSXR
Ah, well at least i am not alone.
Sadly i don't think that much work is done on the core anymore (i might very well be wrong though).
Cause i as well would love to only use PCSXR, currently keeping watch on Avocado which seems to gain momentum which is interesting:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
even though avocado is something similar to mednafen, and both emulators seem to be the most accurate at cost of performance, people will always recommend using Retroarch, but their libraries are the same, to use the "features" of PCSXR, it is necessary to have a good hardware

621 - 625 of 625 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.