Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure if this is the right thread or even forum but please help

I have a 80 gig mgs4 bundle pack ps3. I was wondering if i could mod it to play foreign ps2 games and ps2 backups. i dont want to have to open it up or anything like that. i heard theres something called swapmagic that would work for the ps3. i am not sure if it will work will my specific model since I DONT THINK (KEYWORD: THINK) my model has an emotion engine. i want to be able to do it through a disc or something and not have to open my ps3 up. please help

thanks for the help

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,824 Posts
that's hard to say... I have swapmagic and it does a great job on my slim ps2, but the console needs a small modification (either a little piece of plastic or a replacement cover) to work on that model; one uses a slider tool to open up the tray on the original ps2.

Bottomline is, you need to be able to open the system´s tray without it shutting off while in PS2 mode, so you can swap the disc. I figure that if that part works, chances are it can play foreign games like it would play native ones.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey guys i got another question. I know with swap magic you can play foreign and backup games but i was wondering if you could play a foreign backup-ed game. Like, i want to play a backed up version of kingdom hearts final mix on my ps2 and it has the swap magic in it. will it work?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh thanks kaizen. Man i'm looking into buying a ps2 and swapmagic. I can't wait their are so many good ps2 games. Makes me sad that i have to wait for school to come monday since i am in negotiations with a friend. nostagia.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.