Next Generation Emulation banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Banned
10,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I don't know but the US's policy that we can have as powerful of weapons as we want and it's ok but if any other country starts to build weapons to defend themselves, then we must stop them.
I can understand them doing that, human nature dictates that the powerful will do anything to stay powerful.
The people who live in the communist country suffer enough, they don't
deserve to lose thier lives too.
Something I am pondering: What would you rather have, a lifetime of suffering without hope of anything getting better or death? which is actuaily more cruel?

· Registered
774 Posts
Ok, I guess I did a bit of venting here... again... If you don't care to read another post with some strongly anti-republican opinions (although that's not all I wrote about), then don't highlight this text. Remember, if you read it I'm not going to respond if you try to start an arguement about it with me, cause frankly, I'm not in the mood. I'm entitled to my opinion so just let me be :p.

You know, hearing **** like this get's really frustrating after a while. I live in the country that's instituting these screwed up policies, and yet there's nothing I can do but sit back and watch. I think maybe it's time to move to Canada...

Honestly though, over half the country here at this point is opposed to Bush. His latest polls show him at only a 41% approval rating due mainly to how badly the Hurricane Katrina thing was handled. Bush is the president the impeachment precess was designed for. At best he's incompetent, and I don't think he really has any idea what the people under him are doing at any given time. He basically just does what he's told by the higher ups in the republican party and looks nice for the camera while he gives speaches he didn't even write. But no one what he and his supporters are getting away with can do a damn thing about it because there are too many other people who: A) Don't care enough to pay attention to politics in the first place. B) Are so ignorant of the issues it's probably better they didn't pay attention to politics, and who just vote republican because they're anti-abortion, pro tax cut, or some other crap like that. C) Have agendas so evil that only a party capable of completely distracting the general public with stuff like terrorism, and tax cuts can allow them to accomplish their goals.

Well you know what? I wish what these people were doing was none of my buisiness and I could go through life without giving a damn. But when I start to hear stuff that sounds like there's gonna be a World War III and we're going to be the ones to start it, it just makes me sick. I'm not saying we should ignore the threats from nations with WMDs (if we're even capable of determining which ones do at this point), but if we keep escallating the battle to new levels like this then no good will come of it. An arms race is a race where neither side wins.

But then again, maybe WWIII is just an inevitability. I mean, when you have so many nations that don't trust each other, and who are all developing weapons which could probably destroy the planet several times over if put together. What can you possibly do to stop it? Everyone has their finger on the button, and in the end it doesn't matter who presses it first. Just give them an excuse, and the world goes up in flames. But one thing I do know, is to keep that from happening someone is going to have to make some conscessions, and if it's not our side I don't think anyone else will. Giving other countries yet another reason to fear us accomplishes nothing.

· Registered
102 Posts
The US as a whole is one of the best countries on the face of the Earth, maybe even the best
Aye it's ONE nation under God, the only one, eh?

understand the US's concerns because North Korea is a communist country
So? Chinese are communist too, and have Nuclear weapons, why aren't they stopped?

People who wrote that preemptive strike plan are just plain sick...

· Banned
10,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
People who wrote that preemptive strike plan are just plain sick...
I agree with you on that, maybe the coperations can use this to launch nuclear strikes against thier competetors overseas and have bush claim that there was (vaporised) evidfence of a WMD attack being prepared

· Registered
575 Posts
Depends on weather or not some other country grew enough balls to actually launch.

· Registered
1,472 Posts
Player-X said:
It's called nuclear deterence, the fear that launching a nuclear weapon will cause someone else to launch thiers causing the complete destruction of both countries
But that only lasts until someone does launch a nuclear attack, which becomes increasingly probable as long as countries maintain nuclear weapons.

· Heretic
2,771 Posts
The problem is that if some of the countries decide to destroy thiers they then face the risk of another country saying, "Now let us rule the world or we'll blow you up".

· Registered
575 Posts
EDIT - Meh. Got beaten to it again

I don't know my Cold War history very well, but at the time I don't think there were that many countries with nukes.

And I thought nuclear deterance was nothing more than "Don't attack us or we'll blow you the hell up"?

Now Bush appears to be saying "We'll blow you the hell up if we feel like it."

...or am I missing something?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.