Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This adaptor seems to give me trouble when the controller isn't set (physically) to analog mode. Is anyone else having this problem. It works with some games like GT2, but when i tried Chrono Cross, the controller wouldn't respond. It seemed like the 'O' button was permanently engaged, cuz the characters would run around on their own.

·
Registered
170 Posts
A friend of mine purchased one of those, and I know he did have some problems with it. Sadly, I do not remember what those problems were, nor how he resolved them, if ever he did. I will see if I can get him to come post about it, and perhaps the two of you can figure out some solution.

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx. I found that using F5 solves most of the problems, but it doesn't seem to work for chrono cross.

S

·
0 Posts
Andre, which PSX adaptor are you using? I am using the Pelican USB to PSX cable w/my Dual Shock controler and I have no problems at all in either Digital or Analog mode(s). The only thing is the cable does not support the rumble function.
sincerely.
sx/amiga

·
Registered
18 Posts
Originally posted by sxamiga
Andre, which PSX adaptor are you using? I am using the Pelican USB to PSX cable w/my Dual Shock controler and I have no problems at all in either Digital or Analog mode(s). The only thing is the cable does not support the rumble function.
sincerely.
sx/amiga
I bought one of these:

http://www.consolesource.com/product_categories/adapter/PS-USB-CVT.htm

seems to work great, i hook my PS2's DualShock2 up to it when i'm using ePSXe. It seems to work great. I do have to put it in analog mode, but I still haven't seen anything not work because of this. I love it...

ps. I'm using it on Win2K SP2..

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i believe we have the same adaptor sxamiga. I got around the problem. I just had to have the controller in analog mode when assigning buttons, so that the d-pad was assigned as additional buttons instead of left, right etc. It works fine now, thanx for the responses. sxamiga, do you know if this adaptor is compatible with steering wheels and such.

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
argh, the confirguration works fine w/ crono cross now, but not well with GT2. Now, in GT2 i can only navigate the menus w/ the d-pad, and control the car with the analog stick. sxamiga, how did u configure your pad for epsxe? Did you configure it, with the analog enabled on the controller, or disabled? If you can't remember, then in the config window, if your d-pad is assigned as additional buttons, then the light was on. bleat, do you have GT2? or do you sxamiga?

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no!!! my thread fell to the second page! i must help it :p

S

·
0 Posts
No, Andre, I don't have GT2. But I do know how I set up my controller. I set it to Digital Only in the config box, then I pressed dfault which sets all the buttons to keys and Dpad directions keys also, I then exited and went back in, after going back in, I was able to set all the functions to the buttons and on the d-pad it was set to up, down, left, and right. All the buttons have a J1 in front of them and the directions as well. Examples: J1 B8, J1 Up, etc. Again, make sure that it say Digital Only, not something else like Digital/Analog. I checked my cofiguration so I know this is right.
As for it working w/steering wheels and the like, I'm not sure. You would have to try it and see for yourself. Hope this helps.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 9 of 9 Posts