Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using ePSXe (No PEC) to play FF7, and it has been working fine, however, I would like to start playing FF9 again. Because I have already played it, I don't want to go throuhg the tedious task of gaining abilities for everyone, so I decided to try using PEC. When I start the game, it works fine, however when I try to import the codes to the plugin, and then load the game through a save state, I get increadibly jumpy.flashy screen. I can't really describe it, but it looks like two screens jumping around on top of each other really fast. I have tried various plugins and I always get the same result. The cheats do work though, I do have every ability, I just can't play the game with a flashing screen like that. Does anyone have any advice? Thank's in advance.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
This is caused by the Health, and Magic cheats used on Zidane, and ONLY Zidane.

im not sure why but just leaving the health cheat minimises it a great deal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know what to do about the battle freezes (Didn't happen to me). But try playing with the frame rate. When I lowered it, the flashing went away. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
i never had a prob as i used ssspsx always with this game while using cheats, the only issue is that at the end of the battle it kinda goes really slow and gets screwy graphics... the solution was to disable cheats at the end of battles and renable them once battle starts

as for zidane hp cheat... i use in battle hp cheats and make sure under the fourth character hp limit fix is checked so all the characters will have 9999 hp in battle only

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.