Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
how to add codes to pec?i have the pec editor,i have the gameshark codes for "Alone in the dark the new nightmare".but how to add them.i have been trying different techniques to make the codes work but could not make them work.

B

·
0 Posts
First off, you need to make sure that you are using cheats for the version you hav, for example a NTSC cheat doesn't work with the PAL version of a game.
Then, you should add the cheats through pec's internal cheat adding function, I'm not 100% sure if [pec]edit really works ... then you need to activate the user codes, and you're ready to go :)

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
As Bobbi said it first (Damit man Im late eheh :) ) check the version of your game and that of the cheat codes. After that run pec edit and upload the database file you want to all your cheat codes, that files would be in the pec directory, or where you unzipped it. After that begin a whole new session of by clicking ADD button.

Enter the game name, cheat code name, comments and I would suggest you to copy paste the cheat codes into the code box from the file of your cheat code.

Save the changes to database and then activate the cheats using Pec....simple........!

Ali

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
It is way easier to save the webpage with the codes on them to your harddrive.. Then use pec edit and click on "file", "import from html".. Pec edit will then add all the codes on the page into the pec cheats data base automatically.. No need to imput each code manually.. Remember to save before you exit pec edit..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Apparently this:

D008329E 010F
80070958 0001
D008329E 010F
8007095A 0049

Requires the use of the buttons R1, R2, L1, L2 and select, but my keyboard can't handle it. How do I get joker commands to work then?

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
Joker Commands? what is that for?

S

·
0 Posts
Shadow Lady, Joker commands give you one button press actions and they also can do odd things like slow motion, invisble characters, etc. It is not necessary to use Joker commands, if you don't want to and not all games have them. Even w/out using Joker commands, you invincibility, infinite health, etc. codes will still work.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

Y

·
0 Posts
Hey guys, it's easier edit the codelist.inf manually... Isn't hard to learn and it's more fast!!

S

·
0 Posts
It is VERY easy to add codes to pec. Just get your code list together, put the name of the game the code is for on top of the code, select the code and copy it, then paste it into the user codes doc. that comes w/PEC (the one that contains your own codes, not the one that has the built in codes). Then open up the user codes.doc and put a quotation mark in front of the game title of the code you just entered. Thats all there is to it.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 12 of 12 Posts