Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, I know many have had this problem with using the [pec] (psx emulation cheater) plugin with Windows Vista. I am one of them.

If you have placed all the necessary files into epsxe's plugins folder and the [pec] plugin STILL doesn't show up on the video configuration drop down menu, then it is a Data Execution Prevention (DEP) issue.

All you need to do is go to Control Panel - System - Advanced system settings - Performane settings - Data Execution Prevention.
Once you have this screen open, select the option "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select."
Once this is done, add your epsxe emulator and pec.exe files to this list.

PROBLEM SOLVED

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Darkshinra,

You should have advance system settings if you're on vista, but if you're not, sorry I'm not sure what you can do.

Double check though. Open control panel, then system, then advance system settings is on the far left of the window under tasks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
wow thanks coz when i went to control panel i checked on advanced settings and it wasn't there ok now u made your point it's Systems and then advanced settings ok now what and thanks please give me more instructions

ok i got it but i just have 2 download pec again because i deleted it because i was so frustrated that i can't make it work thanks i will post this 2 every youtube so i can help them 2

·
Registered
11 Posts
ok look i put Turn on EDP for all and what do i put at the bottom? like the add

Do u mean all the files i have hella

ok look I tried to like put the files in but it does not found but when i looked in the folder it was there but when i tried to do add so i can put in all the files in there it's no found

do i put a check on them or no?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You only add the pec.exe file and your emulator exe file. If you can't find them I don't know what to say, if you have downloaded them and use them you should be able to find them in whichever folder you saved them in..

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
starting to think this isn't actually a DEP issue, but having runtime in improper places, or not entirely installed.

·
Premium Member
5,082 Posts
contrary to the original post
it is a BAD idea to change the DEP setting to the exclusion list mode, as this enables it for all processes.

Epsxe and PEC do not utilise it as they are not compiled with DEP compatibility, so any crashes occuring are actually occuring due in windows runtime files - meaning its a bug in your system bios or cpu is failing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.