Next Generation Emulation banner

1081 - 1096 of 1096 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Also ppsspp is a psp emulator, it does not run ps1 games.
Yeah this is quite weird. I remember my BoF III.pbp (not the psp version, I also have that and it shows different year) running on ppsspp despite it not supporting ps1 games. So I thought they added the feature in the new version. But now I think that it might be a game-specific anomaly or just simply an old psp version.

·
Registered
2 Posts

hmm annyone get this problem ? the bar for fps is hidden for newer version so now i using the WIP_PGXP_build_17_04_25

pulgin i used for now

·
Registered
15 Posts
View attachment 201466
hmm annyone get this problem ? the bar for fps is hidden for newer version so now i using the WIP_PGXP_build_17_04_25

pulgin i used for now

View attachment 201467
Yes, I'm getting the problem with OGL drivers (OpenGL Driver 1.78, Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9 and PeteOpenGL2 Tweaks 2.4). Though they are working fine in fullscreen mode.

Meanwhile, the soft drivers (Soft Driver 1.17, P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.18 and P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver Refresh 1.19) all seem to be showing clear FPS bar in windowed mode.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Why this dev didnt made editable setting when you play using automatization?

i dont know maybe they have some problem, but it could be realized like this:
When you call edit setting, emulator makes savestate and unload game from memory and you can edit seeting

'run' command means loading this state

Why its still not realized, there is 2020! Even Nestopia has better GUI and usability, what about playstation?

People made pgxp, but cant make simple things o_O

·
Registered
16 Posts
A better question, will there be a next version?
Since ePSXE supports a lot of games until now, an example of this is one of the games which is a Japanese baseball game is fully supported in ePSXE but black screen in PCSXR.Now a lot of games aren't fixed up to now. That's why I am still waiting for the next PCSXR release to include them.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I don't think any dev cares about PCSXR today...
CPU mode doesn't replace the original values so it's possible to compare and cancel CPU values.
For example we can at least make these corrections:
  • For all CPU vertices who have more than "1 native pixel" difference with Original revert to Cache values. #Fixes CPU false positives
  • Check all Original polygon which are rectangular and if yes then revert CPU/Cache vertices to the Original values. #Fixes Cache and CPU 2D/"Sprites"
I did multiples researches on (too) many games and if we can't currently improve PGXP we can do several checks to validate/calculate or not incorrect/missing values (vertices and depth) and even create a fake depth buffer.
The bad thing is that's hacky, I don’t know how heavy it is, and I don't like hacks in emulators. But i hate more patches so...

If someone is interested to implement my checks...

·
305 Posts
There is activity:

The problem is that there is no "leading" fork.
The differences between each project file are so different that practically each one could be classified as a independent emulator.
Plugins do not share common code between platforms. The only thing they have in common with plugins is the "modular" part.

From my perspective, the only PSX emulators that have potential are Mednafen PSX, Beetle PSX*, XEBRA, Avocado and DuckStation.
Other emulators to keep in mind, PSXACT, Rustation NG and PCSX-ReARMed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a problem.
What happens is that randomly the Game will ignore anything from my Controller, and it will just use what last command was used, then after about 1 sec or so it will go back to normal.

What that means is, if i run to the Left and then stop or turn etc, if i do that during that moment the Game will lock on "Left" until it goes back to normal, then it will go to what i currently press.

I think the bios problem with PCSXR ,when I tried many bios,Control issue appear,if I tried "Simulate Psx Bios",it nothing problem,
but I got sound issue in games if I used Simulate Psx Bios
does anyone know how to fix this problem?

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is activity:

The differences between each project file are so different that practically each one could be classified as a independent emulator.
Plugins do not share common code between platforms. The only thing they have in common with plugins is the "modular" part.

From my perspective, the only PSX emulators that have potential are Mednafen PSX, Beetle PSX*, XEBRA, Avocado and DuckStation.
I compiled Duskstation here. It's a very interesting emulator, without a lot of plugins to set.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There is activity:

I think Beetle PSX looks the most promising of them all but it only works with RetroArch. Just give me beetle PSX with a PCSX/ePSXe-like GUI and I would be happy.

·
Not a Registered User
1,304 Posts
I think Beetle PSX looks the most promising of them all but it only works with RetroArch. Just give me beetle PSX with a PCSX/ePSXe-like GUI and I would be happy.
Same, CHKD support, it has PGXP and many settings to configure emulation like CD read speed.
Only minus is optimisation with dynarec for lower end devices, on PCs you can just brute force the intepreter.

1081 - 1096 of 1096 Posts