Next Generation Emulation banner

1061 - 1080 of 1122 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
I have not seen any Z-Fighting with Beetle, which game? give me exactly SLUS (ect) number of game.
PS: Do -NOT- use PGXP Vertex Cache.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does the Perspective Correct Texturing not work with GTA? Those textures are so wobbly lol
GTA 2 implements parallax as a constant unit title dimension multiplied by the depth as raised by a constant exponential growth curve. .
The textures render along a triangle formed by two adjacent sides of a unit tile.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I never seen that, this is PGXP Memory Only mode? CPU mode is buggy.
Also looks strange, more like texture or shader bug, you use latest drivers and Vulkan output? Vulkan is recommended.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Opengl doesn't have that problem(it have another, not the same).
On screen i only use Vulkan...
Pgxp run with memory only.
I have a RTX 2070(445.75) and i suspect my GFX to be the culprit.
That issue are more or less annoying...Games depending...By ex: Fear Effect only the Hana gun are screwed.
On Fighting Force 1 and 2, no issues at all :/

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here are some friendly recommendations/suggestions based on my attempts at configuring PCSXR:

-The download link at the OP (WIP_PGXP_build_19_03_02.zip) does not come with pre-configured folders. From my experience, the pcsxr.exe does not automatically create working folders as opposed to many other emulators (not sure if others are having the same problem). I wasn't able to save, create memcards and take screenshots and ended up thinking PCSXR sucked.

-Then luckily I was able to obtain a fully-functioning pre-configured latest build from EmuCR (PCSX Reloaded Git (2019/03/07) - EmuCR) which I humbly suggest linking at the OP as an alternative.

-Unfortunately, though it already contains some plugins, the above build still requires certain specific plugins for decent optimal performance (from my experience).

-As for Graphics, the original "Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9" (gpuPeteOpenGL2.dll) appears best performing. The OGL2Tweak comes with pre-configured xBRZ filter (which some may or may not like) and requires extra effort messing with ini file to obtain preferred results.

-As for Sound, "P.E.Op.S Sound Audio Driver 1.10" (spuPeopsSound_110b.dll) seems to be the best currently. I haven't encountered any problem with it yet.

-As for Controllers, "LilyPad 0.10" (LilyPad.dll) is working better than default plugin. Just don't forget to set Input API to "Raw input".

-Last, but not the least, since the developers were too lazy to put any indication of hotkeys (a simple txt won't kill I suppose), I was so close to dropping it. But finally I got them from a site and they are the same as ePSXe iirc.

F1: Save state
F2: Switch to next save slot
F3: Load state
F4: Display state screenshot
F5: Toggle SIO IRQ
F6: Toggle Black & White decoders
F7: Toggle XA
F8: Take a game screenshot (Windows Version only)
F9: Open the Disc tray
F10: Close the Disc tray
ESC: Return to the main window
Ctrl 1 to 5: Save state 1 to 5
Alt 1 to 5: Load state 1 to 5
Alt 0: Load state from last ESC quit

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone know how to change discs on a multi-disc pbp game?
epsxe allows you to choose wich disc you want to play, but I haven't found a way to play anything other that discs 1 on pcsxr...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does anyone know how to change discs on a multi-disc pbp game?
epsxe allows you to choose wich disc you want to play, but I haven't found a way to play anything other that discs 1 on pcsxr...
From what I've read, you have to switch the disc manually, press "Escape" to the menu and then continue the game by "Emulator > Run". I partially tried this with FFVII disc-1 to disc-2 and emulation kept running normally, whereas it simply hanged when I changed to a different game disc. I might well be wrong since I didn't have a save file to test properly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
From what I've read, you have to switch the disc manually, press "Escape" to the menu and then continue the game by "Emulator > Run". I partially tried this with FFVII disc-1 to disc-2 and emulation kept running normally, whereas it simply hanged when I changed to a different game disc. I might well be wrong since I didn't have a save file to test properly.
I'm guessing you are refering to changing discs when you have a file for each disc.
That's not what I am talinking about, I am talking about a single pbp file wich has all the discs on a single file.
There's no way to "manually" switch discs as all the eumlator recognizes is the first disc.
I figured I'll have to extract the 2nd, 3rd and 4th discs everytime I want to play them, wich is a pity considering epsxe hasn't been updated since 2016 and still has this feature...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm guessing you are refering to changing discs when you have a file for each disc.
That's not what I am talinking about, I am talking about a single pbp file wich has all the discs on a single file.
There's no way to "manually" switch discs as all the eumlator recognizes is the first disc.
I figured I'll have to extract the 2nd, 3rd and 4th discs everytime I want to play them, wich is a pity considering epsxe hasn't been updated since 2016 and still has this feature...
My bad. I overlooked pbp and thought you were talking about physical discs.

Btw may I please know what pbp game you are mentioning about?

I downloaded the Legend of Dragoon.pbp (4-disc game) and tested with 3 emulators (epsxe, pcsxr and xebra).
In epsxe I could choose disc 1 to 3 (not disc 4) but when I opened them, only black screen appeared and nothing happened after.
In pcsxr, when I tried to open the pbp file, I got message that it was not a valid PSX cd.
In xebra, only the classic PSX intro played and nothing happened after. It hasn't supported pbp files yet iirc.

So I tried again, this time with Breath of Fire.pbp (single disc).
Both epsxe and pcsxr works without problem. Still unplayable with xebra.

Then, for the last time, I tried with RE2.pbp (2-disc).
In epsxe it showed 3 discs despite having only 2. But still only black screen appeared and nothing happening.
Same error as the first game in pcsxr. Unplayable with xebra.

My guess is since pbp files are formatted and meant to be played with psp (or modern ps), they are not yet fully compatible with classic ps1 emulators (which focus on direct rom image) unless emu developers give more attention to the issue.

So far the only emulator that seems to be fully working with pbp files is retroarch (I tested with beetle psx hw) where all 3 games work apparently (I still need to learn how to change pbp discs in retroarch). That is bad because I love pcsxr and doesn't want to move on for retroarch, haha.

·
Registered
4 Posts
@Polar-kun It is legend of dragoon.
I've converted all my games with PSX2PSP tool, and I've yet to get some problem with it, I'm guessing your file is just corrupted (or you are not using the right converter).
epsxe fully supports pbp (including choosing later discs), pcsxr seems to support only the first disc, but other than that its working. Never tried zebra (wasn't it xebra?!)
Also official psn pbp files might not work as they are encrypted, so there's that...

·
Registered
15 Posts
@Polar-kun It is legend of dragoon.
I've converted all my games with PSX2PSP tool, and I've yet to get some problem with it, I'm guessing your file is just corrupted (or you are not using the right converter).
epsxe fully supports pbp (including choosing later discs), pcsxr seems to support only the first disc, but other than that its working. Never tried zebra (wasn't it xebra?!)
Also official psn pbp files might not work as they are encrypted, so there's that...
No, mine is not corrupt, it perfectly works on retroarch beetle hw. But I think I get what's happening.

It seems you are manually converting ps1 disc/iso into pbp format, right? Whereas the one I downloaded is the pre-converted one from the psn store. That would explain why my pbp won't work with standard emulators. I also encountered similar problem in the past when getting Lament of Innocence from psn store. It didn't work with pcsx2 even when I extracted the iso from the pkg file, so I thought my setup was wrong. Then I tried again with the non-psn iso rom and it perfectly worked despite practically identical with the psn iso down to the last bit (same size and date).

If you are using pbp files, I think you are better off with ppsspp since it has better compatibility with pbp files than standard ps1 emulators where standard iso format works better. That being said, since pcsxr is lacking full pbp support, I think you have no choice but to stick with epsxe unless you move on for retroarch :D (definitely better but a lot more sophisticated).

·
Registered
4 Posts
No, mine is not corrupt, it perfectly works on retroarch beetle hw. But I think I get what's happening.

It seems you are manually converting ps1 disc/iso into pbp format, right? Whereas the one I downloaded is the pre-converted one from the psn store. That would explain why my pbp won't work with standard emulators. I also encountered similar problem in the past when getting Lament of Innocence from psn store. It didn't work with pcsx2 even when I extracted the iso from the pkg file, so I thought my setup was wrong. Then I tried again with the non-psn iso rom and it perfectly worked despite practically identical with the psn iso down to the last bit (same size and date).

If you are using pbp files, I think you are better off with ppsspp since it has better compatibility with pbp files than standard ps1 emulators where standard iso format works better. That being said, since pcsxr is lacking full pbp support, I think you have no choice but to stick with epsxe unless you move on for retroarch :D (definitely better but a lot more sophisticated).
Beetle is too heavy for my laptop, and epsxe does not support PGXP, so until duckstation gets better than it, I'll stick with pcsxr, I'll just have to extract later discs when I need them,
Also ppsspp is a psp emulator, it does not run ps1 games.

1061 - 1080 of 1122 Posts