Next Generation Emulation banner

1041 - 1045 of 1045 Posts

·
Not a Registered User
1,240 Posts
Ah gotcha. Also through some testing yesterday and today, I seem to get the same issues in both emulators no matter what settings I try or have found online that some people say has fixed x issue, I guess there isnt actually a difference or some games like the legend of dragoon and chrono cross just dont work properly with both of them.
What's your issue exactly? Cause those two games work perfectly fine on both ePSXe and beetle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Off the top of my head I get the blue outlines issue with The Legend of Dragoon and the big audio issue with Chrono Cross. Also I noticed even after messing with graphic settings in beetle i seem to get better clearer picture in pcsxr-pgxp, yet with all I have changed in Beetle with the options available I should be getting better graphics from it or the same quality.

·
Not a Registered User
1,240 Posts
Off the top of my head I get the blue outlines issue with The Legend of Dragoon and the big audio issue with Chrono Cross. Also I noticed even after messing with graphic settings in beetle i seem to get better clearer picture in pcsxr-pgxp, yet with all I have changed in Beetle with the options available I should be getting better graphics from it or the same quality.
Okay as not to clutter in this thread anymore make a new thread here.
https://www.ngemu.com/forums/problems-with-games.53/
Since RetroArch still doesn't have a dedicated section and post your settings, screenshots or videos of your issues, and I and others possibly will try to help you.

As for transferring saves here's a quick guide.
  1. Get your save file of Epsxe ( Epsxe\memcards\your_save. mcr )
  2. Identify the EXACT name of your game image ( NameOfTheGame. bin )
  3. Rename the mcr file with the srm extension ( NameOfTheGame. srm )
  4. Put the file in the saves folder of RetroArch.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Okay as not to clutter in this thread anymore make a new thread here.
https://www.ngemu.com/forums/problems-with-games.53/
Since RetroArch still doesn't have a dedicated section and post your settings, screenshots or videos of your issues, and I and others possibly will try to help you.

As for transferring saves here's a quick guide.
Ok, thanks. Sorry for the hassle. I don't care enough anymore about this stuff, to bother with making a new post or whatever. If everything I do ain't fixing issues people reported years ago, and the solutions and suggestions don't work, I guess i'll probably just have to miss out on reliving good times. Thanks again for trying to help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey @iCatButler nice work with all this stuff!

I've been trying to work on PSX "z-buffer reprojection" myself and I know the pain it is...

So far, what I'm doing on the rtps code, is divding the screen-x and screen-y by the value of 1024 to get a normalized input, and dividing the screen-z by 65535 to get also a normalized depth.

But as you said, the z values are not linear and I haven't find some suitable formulas yet.

Did you came up with a similar approach to solve this problem?

1041 - 1045 of 1045 Posts