Next Generation Emulation banner

1041 - 1060 of 1126 Posts

·
Not a Registered User
1,388 Posts
Ah gotcha. Also through some testing yesterday and today, I seem to get the same issues in both emulators no matter what settings I try or have found online that some people say has fixed x issue, I guess there isnt actually a difference or some games like the legend of dragoon and chrono cross just dont work properly with both of them.
What's your issue exactly? Cause those two games work perfectly fine on both ePSXe and beetle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Off the top of my head I get the blue outlines issue with The Legend of Dragoon and the big audio issue with Chrono Cross. Also I noticed even after messing with graphic settings in beetle i seem to get better clearer picture in pcsxr-pgxp, yet with all I have changed in Beetle with the options available I should be getting better graphics from it or the same quality.

·
Not a Registered User
1,388 Posts
Off the top of my head I get the blue outlines issue with The Legend of Dragoon and the big audio issue with Chrono Cross. Also I noticed even after messing with graphic settings in beetle i seem to get better clearer picture in pcsxr-pgxp, yet with all I have changed in Beetle with the options available I should be getting better graphics from it or the same quality.
Okay as not to clutter in this thread anymore make a new thread here.
https://www.ngemu.com/forums/problems-with-games.53/
Since RetroArch still doesn't have a dedicated section and post your settings, screenshots or videos of your issues, and I and others possibly will try to help you.

As for transferring saves here's a quick guide.
  1. Get your save file of Epsxe ( Epsxe\memcards\your_save. mcr )
  2. Identify the EXACT name of your game image ( NameOfTheGame. bin )
  3. Rename the mcr file with the srm extension ( NameOfTheGame. srm )
  4. Put the file in the saves folder of RetroArch.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Okay as not to clutter in this thread anymore make a new thread here.
https://www.ngemu.com/forums/problems-with-games.53/
Since RetroArch still doesn't have a dedicated section and post your settings, screenshots or videos of your issues, and I and others possibly will try to help you.

As for transferring saves here's a quick guide.
Ok, thanks. Sorry for the hassle. I don't care enough anymore about this stuff, to bother with making a new post or whatever. If everything I do ain't fixing issues people reported years ago, and the solutions and suggestions don't work, I guess i'll probably just have to miss out on reliving good times. Thanks again for trying to help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey @iCatButler nice work with all this stuff!

I've been trying to work on PSX "z-buffer reprojection" myself and I know the pain it is...

So far, what I'm doing on the rtps code, is divding the screen-x and screen-y by the value of 1024 to get a normalized input, and dividing the screen-z by 65535 to get also a normalized depth.

But as you said, the z values are not linear and I haven't find some suitable formulas yet.

Did you came up with a similar approach to solve this problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

There is a video problem with Chronicles of the Sword (SLES-00166) and iCatButler/pcsxr 62467b86871aee3d70c7445f3cb79f0858ec566e (built on Linux kernel and x64 architecture).
Indeed, the background image is not loaded, so the background is black.
However, if a sprite is moving on the screen, as the in-game mouse cursor or a character, then it reveals the background image at its location.

As an example, see here in the main screen (the background is black):
However, if I move the in-game mouse cursor to the left, I will reveal a part of the background image:

Of course, this problem does not exist on an other emulator.
Here is an example with ePSXe v2.0.5 Linux x64 (no problem):

Is there a fix for that please?

Thank you.
Best regards.

·
Registered
560 Posts
You are using CPU option? CPU option is not recommended (and vertex cache also).
PGXP Memory + CPU will break games, use memory only for most games. I know only one game that require CPU to work properly (Harry Potter, SLUS-01503).

·
Registered
2 Posts
CPU option? Where please? I don't find this option so I can't disable it.

Edit: Oh! I see what you mean. I am not using the Configuration>PGXP... feature. All the boxes are unchecked and PGXP mode is Disabled. So, I am not using the Memory + CPU option.
The issue is not a PGXP problem but a pcsxr problem that is present in the original pcsxr and that is still present in the iCatButler/pcsxr fork.
That's why I am reporting it.
I just have to find a way to refresh the whole screen so the background image will appear.
If you know how to fix that in the pcsxr code, please tell me so I can try.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have the original game, I would like to understand what it depends on ... that's all. How come it doesn't work? Maybe the US works and EU version don't works?

·
Registered
560 Posts
@Zollex

dumping PSX games is not so easy task because not every CD/DVD-ROM can read such CD, check redump.org for checksums and info how to dump CDs correcly
For EU version you need subchanel data (SBI) file as it's LIBCRYPT protected: redump.org • Gekido: Urban Fighters
You can get CUE/SBI from that site^ (small links above game title), you need to rename it to match you .bin file name ie.:

Code:
Gekido - Urban Fighters (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It).cue
Gekido - Urban Fighters (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It).sbi
Gekido - Urban Fighters (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It).bin (you dumped CD, RAW format)
Then load the .cue file in RetroArch
You can also patch sectors manually with some hex editor, sectors you need to patch you have on redump site (this is not recommended)

like in most cases, US version is not copy-protected

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well...
Pcsx-r doesn't work good with somes games....and with Psx Beetle HW i have Z-Fighting issues(Pgxp+Correct Texturing and any upscale filter[xbr/sabr...])...
And it seem no one can help me :(
I guess it's from driver of my Nvidia RTX 2070....

1041 - 1060 of 1126 Posts