Next Generation Emulation banner

1021 - 1040 of 1096 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for nothing, with this shit Gran Turismo 2 can't even find memory card when I try to save progress, what a waste of time.

·
Registered
83 Posts
New Xbrz's filter (update 1.8) maybe this plugin can take benefit of the latest changes.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hello @iCatButler,
soon it will be 2020 and I was wondering if you completely dropped your depth patch ?

But this is not my main topic today, do you think that PGXP can be further improved (at least with current emulators) ?
I don't know if you know but Syphon filter 3 may be an interesting game to test:
With PGXP memory mode, only certain polygons are corrected, with the CPU mode the others are represented as "corrected" but are false positives using the same x/y values as the original when the vertex cache really corrects them.

Another thing, since accuracy is better than broken improvements, why not add an option to use cache/CPU values only when they are equal ? It will delete all broken vertices at the cost of certain fixes not present in the other mode (of course, always use those in memory only because it's never broken).
A good way to avoid broken 2D elements in both modes...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, i need help with a bug of the emulator, the emulator in a month worked really fine, incredible to be honest, but recently i clean my SSD, then i put the emulator on my desktop and then i configurate the emulator, and this appears
1.PNG

The First Controller, Second Controller and Link cable, are bugged and i can't select him, I think that something can be the Windows version, i have Windows 10 with the current actualization, i have in a Laptop a windows 10 older version, and it works.

Anyone can help me with this bug?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Anyone can help me with this bug?
(0) close the emulator; (check if it was closed through the task manager; restart the machine otherwise)
(1) try to run the remover script as administrator;
(2) open the emulator and try to do not change its original folder after this;

Remove ePSXe/PCSXR Settings by DarkSilhouette
https://www.ngemu.com/threads/remove-epsxe-pcsxr-settings.197337/

if the problem persists, it may be limitations caused by NTFS access control from the old installation. if so, I ask you to research how to solve it. as a mitigation, you can simply create a new folder in a partition created with the new installation of Windows and use it for the emulator.

however, in new installations users often forget to install the various libraries used by old games and emulators.

with the emulator closed, try installing (run the installers as administrator):

Visual C++ Redistributable Runtimes All-in-One
https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/

DirectX 9
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

cheers!

·
Registered
8 Posts
1. PCSXR-PGXP;

2. https://www.ngemu.com/threads/pcsxr-pgxp.186369/page-46#post-2724895

and maybe: https://www.ngemu.com/threads/epsxe-crashes-when-loading-any-game.198985/page-2#post-2726375

and maybe: http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/PlayStation_emulators

PCSXR-PGXP is the poor cousin of the RetroArch Beetle PSX. It takes up the gap of anyone who wants PGXP (texture stabilization and realignment) without the use of modern GPUs that make use of Vulkan.

If your video card is powerful enough, go RetroArch. If your video card is not powerful and you are not interested in PGXP, go ePSXe. Unfortunately there is NO good audio plugin for the PCSXR-PGXP. At the same time, ePSXe is very good using only native plugins (without any additional plugin) but in internal resolution 1x, through the GPU core.

ePSXe Basic Setup Guide for Windows
https://www.ngemu.com/threads/epsxe-basic-setup-guide-windows.204673/

ePSXe Plugin Guide for Windows
https://www.ngemu.com/threads/epsxe-plugin-guide-windows.206072/

If you'd rather try PCSXR-PGXP, the first link I provided has the latest version of the emulator packed with the most common plugins and libraries you need. There is NO BIOS, in respect of intellectual property. And again there is NO good audio plugin. None will work well for all games, however, some plugin might work well for a small list of games. You may be lucky.

cheers!
Just found this post, and I am now questioning should I be using this RetroArch Beetle PSX over PCSXR-PGXP on the main page, which if so any proper links to downloads for it and whatever is needed, also if not is the PCSXR-PGXP you posted on page 46 linked in your comment, the version I should be using or should I stick with the files linked to on the main post which is the stuff I am currently using. Any help and better understanding would be appreciated, I want to try and get the best experience possible. I'm currently running PCSXR 1.9.93 with the PCSXR-PGXP 19.03.02, with some plugins I have found on different site posts both here and elsewhere.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Beetle PSX HW is a libretro core, so there is no standalone version; the simplest way is to download RetroArch and run it, choose 'Online Updater' and download the Beetle PSX HW core from that list. If I remember correctly, it needs a specific BIOS in order to run, rather than just any PlayStation BIOS (and you're on your own for that one, sadly).

As to whether you should be using Beetle or PCSXR, there are benefits to going with Beetle for shader support and its super sampling feature, but the actual experience of playing the games is near as makes no difference unless you have some sort of weird software/driver issue that affects one or the other. Use whatever you like, but do try them all out!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok Thanks, is there a way to import saves from PCSXR-PGXP to RetroArch Beetle PSX HW, or is that a no go. Also the question about which version of PCSXR-PGXP should I use incase I go back to it? The one in the first post or the one on page 46?

·
Registered
311 Posts
I be using this RetroArch Beetle PSX over PCSXR-PGXP
if you have a relatively new computer, I would indicate you to use RetroArch Beetle PSX or Beetle PSX HW as your main ps1 gaming emulator.

and within the list of advantages we have:
(a) there are no plugins, so, no plugin hell;
(b) enhanced ps1 audio support;
(c) more graphical enhancement alternatives;
(d) easy capture through OBS-Studio;
(e) support for RetroAchievements (online conquest system);
(f) continuous development of the emulator (mednafen fork);
(g) better support for different controls (joystick);

how to play psx (safe guide) [retroarch version]
https://www.ngemu.com/threads/how-to-play-psx-safe-guide.206691/#post-2727810

--

about PCSXR-PGXP versions.

the last link I posted with versions of the emulator features the high performance Cyrez binary, but I would only suggest using it on older computers that are unable to run Beetle PSX satisfactorily.

according to rumors (I haven't tested it yet) beetle psx already has dynarec for linux (which increases the emulator performance) but the windows version should take a while to get the update.

even though RetroArch's learning curve is longer than the others, the investment of time to learn using it pays off.

in the end, it is simpler to use because there is no need to change settings once configured correctly once.

follow the guide provided and you should not have much difficulty.

cheers!

·
Registered
8 Posts
if you have a relatively new computer, I would indicate you to use RetroArch Beetle PSX or Beetle PSX HW as your main ps1 gaming emulator.

and within the list of advantages we have:
(a) there are no plugins, so, no plugin hell;
(b) enhanced ps1 audio support;
(c) more graphical enhancement alternatives;
(d) easy capture through OBS-Studio;
(e) support for RetroAchievements (online conquest system);
(f) continuous development of the emulator (mednafen fork);
(g) better support for different controls (joystick);

how to play psx (safe guide) [retroarch version]
https://www.ngemu.com/threads/how-to-play-psx-safe-guide.206691/#post-2727810

--

about PCSXR-PGXP versions.

the last link I posted with versions of the emulator features the high performance Cyrez binary, but I would only suggest using it on older computers that are unable to run Beetle PSX satisfactorily.

according to rumors (I haven't tested it yet) beetle psx already has dynarec for linux (which increases the emulator performance) but the windows version should take a while to get the update.

even though RetroArch's learning curve is longer than the others, the investment of time to learn using it pays off.

in the end, it is simpler to use because there is no need to change settings once configured correctly once.

follow the guide provided and you should not have much difficulty.

cheers!
This seems overly complicated, and I don't want to restart from scratch on games I already have played and save files for through pcsxr-pgxp. Thanks for the knowledge though. I'm not gonna give up though, I would just like to be able to import saves from one program to another, and back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So does anyone know if save transfering is possible? If not cool, I'll do some testing on Beetle and see if it improves any over pcsx, and decide what I want to do from there. Also is there a game compatibility list, like with pcsx2?

·
Not a Registered User
1,303 Posts
So does anyone know if save transfering is possible? If not cool, I'll do some testing on Beetle and see if it improves any over pcsx, and decide what I want to do from there. Also is there a game compatibility list, like with pcsx2?
Memory cards are transferable easily as most if not all PS1 emulator use the same formats.
Save states can't be transferred.
As for compatibility list dunno, but most current PS1 emulators have at least 99% accuracy with minor issues.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Memory cards are transferable easily as most if not all PS1 emulator use the same formats.
Save states can't be transferred.
As for comparability list dunno, but most current PS1 emulators have at least 99% accuracy with minor issues.
Oh is it just a copy the memorycard file over? I noticed it was different in beetle so I didnt touch it to avoid issues

·
Not a Registered User
1,303 Posts
Oh is it just a copy the memorycard file over? I noticed it was different in beetle so I didnt touch it to avoid issues
Well it may not be as simple as copy and paste, you may have to either change the files name or in RetroArch settings change to point to the new memory cards.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well it may not be as simple as copy and paste, you may have to either change the files name or in RetroArch settings change to point to the new memory cards.
Ah gotcha. Also through some testing yesterday and today, I seem to get the same issues in both emulators no matter what settings I try or have found online that some people say has fixed x issue, I guess there isnt actually a difference or some games like the legend of dragoon and chrono cross just dont work properly with both of them.

1021 - 1040 of 1096 Posts