Next Generation Emulation banner

1001 - 1020 of 1096 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ah, i knew that the PS1 lacked a Z-Buffer, and i thought that was the sole fault of the pixels going haywire.
But now that i think about it, as they jump around, it make sense it would be in integers, else they should at least wiggle more smoothly one would assume.
Can't imagine how complicated it must be to remake that also make sure the resolution and perspective correction is all kept somehow, really impressive.

But okay Both are supposed to be enabled, that's good.
I am guessing Vertex Caching is for performance and not accuracy, so disabling that can improve cases were it caches wrong (or something i guess).
In my case of the game Alundra 2, it seems Memory + CPU helps out, else it seems that the environment where the character is close to can wiggle.
This is just in the beginning so i can't say if it's valid all the time or causes issues, but i guess i can hopefully use that as it's clearly better where i am testing at least.
If not there's something i should know about Memory + CPU, apart from it not being i fully working order (whatever that could mean though haha;P).

It seems it also just uses around 600mb, even though i scale the internal resolution by x8x8, so nowhere near the 4gb limit,
or rather i think it's actually like 2gb, and the patch makes it to near 4gb.

Will have to keep check here for more info on the whole development as i find it really interesting!

Great explanation, i give you 5/5 dried tomatoes;)

EDIT: Okay read that the caching had to do with using the original positions from memory or something which could help out some games apparently,
though they lack accuracy, so i guess it's better off if it works as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is there a way to transfer my epsxe savestate or savedata to pcsxr pgxp?
Yes, savadata can you transfer.

You can take over this so you just have to select the memory card file so mdr file from epsxe where game data on it and then paste into pcsxr-pgxp. Rename the inserted file in the memcards folder "Mcd001". Please secure the old file beforehand, if it does not work. There is also a tool to manage everything if this does not work. The name of the Tool is "Aldo's Memory Card Manager". https://www.aldostools.org/memmanager.html

At Savestates, I do not know if that is transferable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, savadata can you transfer.

You can take over this so you just have to select the memory card file so mdr file from epsxe where game data on it and then paste into pcsxr-pgxp. Rename the inserted file in the memcards folder "Mcd001". Please secure the old file beforehand, if it does not work. There is also a tool to manage everything if this does not work. The name of the Tool is "Aldo's Memory Card Manager". https://www.aldostools.org/memmanager.html

At Savestates, I do not know if that is transferable.
Changing the name doesn't work but the mem manager does work! Thank you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm gonna crash into this thread suddenly...
@iCatButler, is there any method to dump a scene from a PS1 game when PGXP is used? I'd really love to have some models ripped...one idea I thought would be to use glintercept to capture the scene, the drawn polygons in a scene when using PGXP have z-coordinates right, so I won't get a flat rip?

·
The Incinerator
101 Posts
It's been ages since I've checked this thread! Still seems to be going quite strong.
However, I can't seem to find any download link to PCSX-R on the PCSX-R website (except one for an archive :confused:). Am I just not paying attention enough, am I looking in the wrong place, or is the link actually not there anymore?

·
305 Posts
It's been ages since I've checked this thread! Still seems to be going quite strong.
However, I can't seem to find any download link to PCSX-R on the PCSX-R website (except one for an archive :confused:). Am I just not paying attention enough, am I looking in the wrong place, or is the link actually not there anymore?
Last official WIP: https://www.ngemu.com/threads/pcsxr-pgxp.186369/page-46#post-2725243
Last GitHub WIP's: https://www.ngemu.com/threads/pcsxr-pgxp.186369/page-42#post-2717337
Last unofficial pack (good OOTB): https://www.ngemu.com/threads/pcsxr-pgxp.186369/page-46#post-2724895

·
Registered
2 Posts
Am I the only person who can not get this to work with windows 10. I think windows 10 is blocking the link cable plugin...

·
The Incinerator
101 Posts
---------------------------
Error
Cannot load "C:\Games\Emulators\WIP_PGXP_build_19_03_02\gpuPeteOpenGL2.dll" error: 0x8007007e
OK

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just confirming that it's not a Windows 10 issue - all five of my Windows 10 machines can run it fine. Four generations of Intel CPUs, two generations of AMD GPUs, and two generations of Nvidia in the mix.

·
The Incinerator
101 Posts
Nowadays you even have to find the Cdrom plugin seperately, lol. The emu also keeps requiring you to set the plugins/bios folder everytime.
Oh, it also needs a link cable plugin (otherwise the config is "NOT OK"). It doesn't read any link cable plugins I download, though, so I'm essentially stuck on the plugin screen.

This emulator was incredible back when it still had a solid base in PCSX-R.

·
305 Posts
Nowadays you even have to find the Cdrom plugin seperately, lol.
Nowadays very few people know HOW to make the CD plugin work. Is better use CUE, BIN, IMG, etc.

The emu also keeps requiring you to set the plugins/bios folder everytime.
Only if you want a more accurate emulation and avoid many problems with memory cards. You can use the simulated PSX BIOS if not.

Oh, it also needs a link cable plugin (otherwise the config is "NOT OK"). It doesn't read any link cable plugins I download, though, so I'm essentially stuck on the plugin screen.
Better remove your previous configuration, that never happens in a clean environment.

·
The Incinerator
101 Posts
Okay, got it working. Just downloaded a PCSX-R base and put the PGXP stuff in there, same as how it's always has been. Which is the best audio plugin again? Eternal or Pete's?

·
The Incinerator
101 Posts
So, Mega Man's face in Mega Man 8 inflates like a balloon whenever he blinks. The issue, I think, is similar to the candles of SotN wobbling about. I heard PGXP would fix it. Which option in particular would solve the issue?

·
305 Posts
Yeah, I think it removed my EPSXE settings but not the PCSXR ones haha.
Then use my attached file.

Okay, got it working. Just downloaded a PCSX-R base and put the PGXP stuff in there, same as how it's always has been.
I don't understand what's the issue... merely download the last GitHub/AppVeyor WIP. If you don't understand how AppVeyor works, read this guide.
Unzip pcsxr-pgxp.zip and run pcsxr-pgxp.exe, I don't see the difficulty.
If you want to save to memory cards, create a 'memcards' folder. If you want to use BIOS, you create a 'bios' folder and put your BIOS in it. The same story for 'cheats', 'patches', 'sstates', etc.

If that seems too difficult, use this. Different strokes for different folks...

So, Mega Man's face in Mega Man 8 inflates like a balloon whenever he blinks. The issue, I think, is similar to the candles of SotN wobbling about. I heard PGXP would fix it. Which option in particular would solve the issue?
This is the safest configuration. You can try all possible configurations that would work best in each game.

Attachments

1001 - 1020 of 1096 Posts