Next Generation Emulation banner

41 - 60 of 1097 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey iCatButler,

(I have not posted here in forever, just recovered my password in order to make this post)

Just wanted to say what you've accomplished here is pretty amazing! These are the emulation enhancements that I find most useful - removing limitations of the original hardware (like removing sprite limit for NES). By removing texture warping and jitter, we don't really lose any authenticity, and we gain huge amounts of image quality (probably seeing the art the way the original PSX artists envisioned it) - it's win/win in my opinion.

Anyway, I read most of the old thread and I would like to add my voice to the calls that you try to adapt this tech to Mednafen PSX in Retroarch. This is the PSX emulator with by far the greatest current development, compatibility and frankly, future prospects. Also, it doesn't use a plugin architecture which for me is a huge plus (which plugin to use? which settings? no need to stress).

Regardless of what path you take with the future of PGXP, thanks for all your hard work! :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm sorry if this was answered earlier, but this is is still non-functioning with Windows 10, yes? The same issue with the standard PCSXR? It demands a netplay plugin and Win10 doesn't appear to be compatible with them.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I'm sorry if this was answered earlier, but this is is still non-functioning with Windows 10, yes? The same issue with the standard PCSXR? It demands a netplay plugin and Win10 doesn't appear to be compatible with them.
I'm using Windows 10 on my main computer, so it does work.

Some of the older plugins require the 32-bit (x86) Visual C++ 2010 redistributable to be installed. It doesn't seem to be included in the Windows 10 install by default.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=5555

I believe Tapeq has recompiled these with VC++ 2015 (the same as my plugins) so you could alternatively download his build of PCSXR to use as a base (a link to his thread is in the first post).

·
Registered
106 Posts
C'mon guys, it's in the firt post!

Otherwise, windows 10 is a virus in itself, it's a joke of an OS: makes my i7 lags like a hell for it's notifications, and beyond that there is alla the spyng thing. I had to found a software to remove all the insanity.

·
Registered
83 Posts
C'mon guys, it's in the firt post!

Otherwise, windows 10 is a virus in itself, it's a joke of an OS: makes my i7 lags like a hell for it's notifications, and beyond that there is alla the spyng thing. I had to found a software to remove all the insanity.
It´s dangerous to go alone, take this:

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Windows 10, what a joke. They should have called it "Windows NSA" with all the spying. They'll be having Micro Transactions for Core Funtionality next. I'll stick with ol' faithful "Windows 7".

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hello iCatbutler,

I see you reverted the wipeout memory hack patch. I was wondering what you mean with breaks Chrono Cross Intro Sequence Camera?

Do you mean the intro does not play for you? I don't have that problem with the patch.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
The original implementation of the Wipeout memory hack was enabled by default, I later reintegrated it with changes from Tapeq's build so that it's disabled by default.

With it enabled the Chrono Cross underwater scene worked but played out differently. On reflection I think this was just changed tick costs influencing the random number generator and thus which of several camera splines were chosen. On a real console various factors could result in a different outcome each time, but on an emulator that starts from an identical state only changes to the code would influence it.

As my changes were frequently breaking vertex transforms I couldn't tell if the altered camera was a similar bug so decided to revert it while I investigated further.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is PGXP supposed to eliminate jitter or reduce 99% of jitter?

In Ridge Racer Type 4, car doors keep flipping out during the car selection spin. Press F11 once to inspect the behavior.
In Ridge Racer Revolution, cars (most noticeable during credit roll) keep jittering up and down a unit or two when idling on the road.
In Time Crisis (video), character model details jitter a lot, most noticeable on fingers and character poses.

Just wondering if I'm using incorrect settings before I commit to making more videos.

·
Registered
59 Posts
@SpaceFolding
PGXP ins't finished yet don't forget this, for the moment the compatibility is variable (in some games memory+cpu is needed but it makes "beautiful" bugs)
Vertex Caching can correct and/or add bugs
Perspective correction has problems only with Spyro games
I think in Time Crisis it's not jitter problem but "bad" animations (for PS1 it's beautiful to see animation on the face and not just texture swap)
This game just relly need z-buffer, it's too visible for me..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Spent a few days working out the best way to get YouTube to deliver my videos in VP9 so the unfiltered textures and 60 fps stay pristine. Here's a Tekken 3 sample:

VP9 may or may not be switched on by the time you're seeing this.

·
Seasoned ePSXe User
634 Posts
I never thought I would ever give up ePSXe in favor of PCSX-R. I said the only way I would give up ePSXe was if it was for something on the level of epoch changing. Well I guess PGXP is epoch changing in the world of PSX emulation, at least as far as I am concerned. I have been playing around with PCSX-R and PGXP for about two weeks when I have the time and it is absolutely great. It actually brings out more details in 3d models. Is it buggy in some instances........most definitely, but it is a work-in-progress so it is to be expected. Is it worth using despite the bugs........most definitely. I do wish that ePSXe and iCatButler could find a way for PGXP to play nice with ePSXe. Until that day comes, if ever, I am a PCSX-R convert simply because of PGXP.

Thanks iCatButler for your dedication and hard work. Please keep it up.

P.S. TheDimensioner's YT videos played a huge role in me even trying out PCSX-R with PGXP. I tried PCSX in a lot of it's myriad forms throughout the years and gave up on it. So thanks to TheDimensioner as well.

·
Fluffy Animal Admirer
3,398 Posts
Are games like THPS1 still wobbly as heck? I noticed that no matter what mode I use,the floor still gets quite distorted at times.

·
Registered
1 Posts
have a doubt: when i set the PGXP i should select the 3 options including the pgxp mode in "memory only"? or is must be set depending og the game im playing?

41 - 60 of 1097 Posts