Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Is PGXP supposed to eliminate jitter or reduce 99% of jitter?

In Ridge Racer Type 4, car doors keep flipping out during the car selection spin. Press F11 once to inspect the behavior.
In Ridge Racer Revolution, cars (most noticeable during credit roll) keep jittering up and down a unit or two when idling on the road.
In Time Crisis (video), character model details jitter a lot, most noticeable on fingers and character poses.

Just wondering if I'm using incorrect settings before I commit to making more videos.

· Registered
6 Posts
Spent a few days working out the best way to get YouTube to deliver my videos in VP9 so the unfiltered textures and 60 fps stay pristine. Here's a Tekken 3 sample:

VP9 may or may not be switched on by the time you're seeing this.

· Registered
6 Posts
What did you figure out to force VP9 encodes? On my uploads, it seems random. It looks soooo much better though.
VP9 does look pretty great. After some experimentation, it seems anything deemed demanding or expensive for YouTube's servers will be prioritized for VP9. Since I started uploading 1440p videos, plus 60fps for Tekken 3 in particular, VP9 came online after a few hours. I know not everyone can afford to record in 1440p, so your other option is to upscale but make sure you use a decent filter like lanczos3. However you still require a lot of hard drive space set aside, Wipeout 3 Special Edition (PAL game) was 25fps and 8 minutes long, it took up 10.8gb.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.