Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 17 of 39 Posts

· Registered
299 Posts
Hello iCatbutler,

I see you reverted the wipeout memory hack patch. I was wondering what you mean with breaks Chrono Cross Intro Sequence Camera?

Do you mean the intro does not play for you? I don't have that problem with the patch.

· Registered
299 Posts
Hello LuismaSp89,

This is from pc gamer.

Look around the web, and you’ll likely find reports of big performance bumps moving from Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10, and just as many reports of framerates dropping. Performance will obviously vary game-to-game, and all sorts of factors could be causing those performance differences: driver upgrades, different background tasks eating up CPU cycles, and so on. Overall, Windows 10 isn’t going to change pure performance much.

· Registered
299 Posts
Hello LuismaSp89,

It's strange because i have a lot weaker system than
yours and i don't have the issue with tomb raider 1.

My system is AMD X255 3.1ghz Geforce 430 GT 2 GIG RAM.

BTW: You can try the regular pcsxr vs pcsxr-pgxp to see if there's a difference.

· Registered
299 Posts
Hello LuismaSp89,

Well the version of tomb raider i'm running is the NTSC. Are you running the PAL version? If so you can try change PSX System Type to NTSC to see if it fixes the sound problem.

The setting is found
PCSXR>Configure>CPU

· Registered
299 Posts
At last! Thanks a lot! The ****ing problem was gone.

I have the pal version, and like i thought, the problem is with the emulator. I have the Psx system type option in "Autodetect" (Enabled by default) the problem is that this option is not working properly, if i set "PAL" manually in that section, the game´s sound works perfect. No matters if i select PAL or NTSC in the P.E.Op.S Audio plugin.

I´ll try to contact with the PCSXR-PGXP developers, to share this problem with them.
You're welcome!

· Registered
299 Posts
Hello iCatButler,

When LuismaSp89 was trying to figure out what was cuasing the issue i had suggested to test the regular pcsxr vs pcsxr-pgxp. I believe there is an issue pcsxr with PSX System Type auto detect.

· Registered
299 Posts
That does appear to be the case, although the PGXP build does have added code for overclocking that might interact with it (the CPU code uses region type to determine how many cycles are allowed per frame), I thought it was worth ruling that out in case I'd broken something.

As mentioned in my previous post, the autodetect is a pretty simple test of the "CDROM ID", a string within the image file rather than the image filename. This should correspond to the game's product code, which for PAL releases should begin SCES or SLES, with PCSX-R looking for the 'E'. If this code is at fault then I'm guessing that ePSXe either uses a different method, knows about more string variations or has a more robust way of finding the string.
Well i don't have the pal version of the game, but a quick look through redump.org show the serial as SLES-00024, SLES-00024#.

· Registered
299 Posts
Hello Thirteen,

These 2 should work good.

Gex - Slackware 14 64bit pcsxr-97126S Rating 100%

Gex - Enter the gecko - Slackware 14 64bit pcsxr-90567S Rating 95% Minor slowdowns once in a while. Ending credits seemed a bit slow.

· Registered
299 Posts
iCatButler,

first of all thank you for all your hard work and for sharing it with the community.

I have a few simple questions and excuse my ignorane: what graphic plugin am I supposed to choose at configuration: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9 or PeteOpenGL2 Tweaks 2.4?

Another question is about PCSX-Reloaded: would you say there is a valid reason to use the 2013 (4 years old) version rather than the latest GIT release from 2016?

And is PGXP automatically activated? Is there a key to disable/enable it on the fly?

And last question (thanks for your patience): is there a specific reason why PGXP works only with PCSX-R?

Thanks!
Hello Salk,

1. You need to have it set to PeteOpenGL2 Tweaks 2.4.

2.The stable version of pcsxr is 1.9.93 but it's really old and now there are to many fixes in the newest version of pcsxr. Your better off using the newest version of pcsxr.

3.I believe some of the options are on when start pcsxr-pgxp. However pgxp is set to disabled but you need to have it enable at least to memory only for dino crisis to look better.

4.If you're wondering why epsxe does not have this feature is because epsxe is closed source. Meaning only the author has access to the source code. Only he can add it to epsxe.

Dino Crisis with pgxp mode disabled.

Dino Crisis with pgxp mode memory only.

· Registered
299 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Yeah the 64bit is for linux. And even if they made a 64bit pcsxr windows version you would not be able to use the 32bit plugins. I believe a lot of the people that made those old 32 plugins are not around any more. It would be nice to have reduce the amount of busy waiting in on Pete OpenGL2.

1 - 17 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.