Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
From what I can remember reading once was that only a few 2d are playable, and by that I mean you might be able to get 15fps MAX. Other than that, I think you needed to have an ISO burned onto a CDr in the ISO format (so by just burning the ISO file onto a disc)

But I don't think pcsxDC was worth the effort of trying, even though it might be fun to play around with.

If I were you I'd stick to the Bleemcast discs if you actually want to play PSX games. All other PSX games should be played on PSX or emulated on an other machine.

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
If you're still interested, read this guide, I found it at a dull moment at school so I started to look at the articles page of ngemu.

· Registered
5 Posts
i never got it to fully work. i got all the plugins gfx sound cd-rom and bios witch was fun to look for. but it messed up when i go to load the game it gets to the first screen of the game were it saids "this is a squaresoft game"(FF8) and the cd-rom just shuts off and it sticks to that screen i'd like to no what i messed up on

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
I never even bothered with it, but I'm interested in hearing your experiences with PCSXDC :)

· Registered
5 Posts
Ya sure i spent bout 1min downloading the basic PSX its self and another hour wondering why its not working and getting the idea on whats wrong then another hour on finding and downloading gfx,sound,controler,netplay, plugings and again another 45min finding and getting the bios i had to go to limewire for that one and after all that another hour configing it but when i got it finaly got it working it was a bit slow at start up but after that it runs good. the opening fmv for FF8's sound skiped a bit but other than that its all good

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Heh, I think you are not talking about PscxDC right?

This thread was about the Dreamcast version of PCSX.

Sidenote: if you want to do it properly you DO have to own the console otherwise there would be no way to obtain the BIOS file legally ;)

· Registered
654 Posts
You need to learn the law better. P2P sharing of copyrighted works is not "on the line". Copying of works where the copyright belongs to someone else is unlawful. This is true whether you are the one distributing the copy or the one receiving it. The single exception to this unlawfulness is fair use, acts of copying specifically enumerated in copyright law as lawful even without the copyright holder's permission.

Fair use includes making a copy of something you've paid for and possess, for your own use. It does not include acquiring a copy that someone else has made of something you've already paid for, nor does it include continuing to possess a backup copy after you've sold or given away the copy you owned.

So getting a copy of the bios the way you did is absolutely not lawful. Understandable, perhaps, but not lawful.

Dan

P.S. I am not a lawyer, so if you rely on what I tell you to figure out what the law allows you to do, you may find yourself in jail. You've been warned.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.