Memory: 1536MB RAM
DirectX version: DirectX 9.0c
Video Card: ATI RADEON 9550 (256.0 MB)

I'm trying to run PCSX2 v0.9.4
I manage to get the bios and all
Graphics set at GSdx9 (FSVC 14.00, SSE2)0.10.0
Booted the Final Fantasy XII to my DVD ROM
But everytime I run CD/DVD it give me an error saying Error Opening GS Plugin

Please help me guys! Do I have to download a different plugin based on my pc spec? Would it still be possible to run this emulator on my pc?

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,454 Posts
P4 is not good for pcsx2

·
There is always hope, but you have to supply it.
6,886 Posts
Hi guys!

My PC Specs:
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
Memory: 1536MB RAM
DirectX version: DirectX 9.0c
Video Card: ATI RADEON 9550 (256.0 MB)

I'm trying to run PCSX2 v0.9.4
I manage to get the bios and all
Graphics set at GSdx9 (FSVC 14.00, SSE2)0.10.0
Booted the Final Fantasy XII to my DVD ROM
But everytime I run CD/DVD it give me an error saying Error Opening GS Plugin

Please help me guys! Do I have to download a different plugin based on my pc spec? Would it still be possible to run this emulator on my pc?
Does you video card meet the Ps requirements?
(I doubt it)

Grab a very old edition of gsdx9 and try again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
(I doubt it)

Yeh I guess my processor is a little outdated...but my video card can support pixel shader 2.0 at least...it doesn't matter if its slow as long as i can prove its playing on my pc ahehe....i guess you'll say search it in google but is it ok if you could share to me some specific sites to get some old edition of gsdx9 please?

Thanks a lot!

·
Rpcs3 user :D
780 Posts
FFXII will get like 4 or 5 fps, 10 is too much for a P4(2.4). A long time ago I used to have an AMD 3000, running at 1.4 and a 9200 Ati video card and pcsx2 didn't boot at all...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks a lot stpdrgstr, I already updated my DirectX with August 20, 2008 version and tried every GSdx9 plugin but I still ended up with these results:

GSdx9 0.11.4 - After I run cd/dvd = black full screen (3 secs) then saying Error Opening Gs Plugin

GSdx9 0.11.3 - Same with GSdx9 0.11.4

GSdx9 0.11.2 - Same with GSdx9 0.11.4

GSdx9 0.11.1 - Message = Error Opening Gs Plugin

GSdx9 0.11.0 - Same with GSdx9 0.11.4

GSdx9 0.10.9 - Same with GSdx9 0.11.4

GSdx9 0.10.8 - Same with GSdx9 0.11.4

GSdx9 0.10.7 - Same with GSdx9 0.11.4

GSdx9 0.10.6 - Same with GSdx9 0.11.4

GSdx9 0.10.5 - Same with GSdx9 0.11.4

GSdx9 0.10.4 - Same with GSdx9 0.11.4

GSdx9 0.10.3 - Same with GSdx9 0.11.4

GSdx9 0.10.2 - Message = Error Opening Gs Plugin

GSdx9 0.10.0 - Message = Error Opening Gs Plugin

Its still a failure...it can't even run even with a slowest fps...If I will update my processor with the latest one then I'd rather buy a PS2...what shoul I do?

·
Registered
155 Posts
the GSdx shown above was outdated you should start from 0.1.4 to 0.1.13

and if you're still trying to run the emulator using your old P4 comp
it will run only 2d games..e.g. Digaea 1 and Harvest moon:SOH...
3d games will not run at all better get a new PC...the 8xxx C2D..

(I doubt it)

yes the 9550 has ps.2.0
Wiki:
Radeon R300 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
176 Posts
Its still a failure...it can't even run even with a slowest fps...If I will update my processor with the latest one then I'd rather buy a PS2...what shoul I do?
If you don't have a PS2, you shouldn't be asking for help here. Downloading the BIOS is illegal, as well as games.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you don't have a PS2, you shouldn't be asking for help here. Downloading the BIOS is illegal, as well as games.
Why would people with PS2 play on PC if they have the console itself? Why make it hard for you if you can sit back and relax while playing your very own PS2? I doubt...I think almost 90% of population in here does not own one or just proclaim that they own...

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts

:hmmm:

Don't make conclusions about us when you read nothing.

Most of us here use PCSX2 because of all the extra features it has. Why play on the PS2 we own when we can play with superior graphics, loading times, save states etc....

Pirates are not welcomed here.

·
Smiley for The Loozer TOM
112 Posts
Well of course we have, please dont make a false and wrong accusation in here and of course we must just take action against The piracy man and must keep to support The Laws.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
First of all can you prove that everyone in here has a PS2? How can you tell that someone is not lying/keeping quiet for them to get only what they want from you? It's all in the mind...Yeh you might belong to that remaining 10%...good for you! But you cant deny the fact that your outnumbered by people whom you termed as "pirates"...And why play it on PC if your looking for superior graphics etc.? Can't PS3 outstand those?

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Um... just a small info i like to add a friend has also a Ati 9550 and when it comes to Pixel Shader 2.0 based games it kind of backfires (and the board was brand new, dont know whats the problem but some of those models are weird i read somewhere that some of those boards come with some kind of beta PS 2.0 oO) also to answer your question people wanna replay they games with better graphics on the PC (or wanna escape the hasle (my case just to lazy) or reasembling the console at my tv) did you at least seen the PS3 backward compatiblity suport ? news for you it aint that good .... anyway if you want to play PS2 games your better off buying the real thing :p and give sony there recognision for making the PS2 witch we enjoy so much ;)

·
Opensource-spice
1,503 Posts
Pirates are not welcomed here.
Pirates are welcome, they just can't talk about pirating; lest I'd be six feet from the front door by now.
As far as using a PS2 emulator without a PS2, I understand a few things. Some people have compeltely different reasons.

My PS2 is only usable in a 20" CRT TV in my attic.
Now why would I want to go all the way up there, when I can sit here and summon Ifrit?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
katsukage:
Did you ever play a ps2 game on the real console, and then on pcsx2?
If you did that once, you'd never go back to the ps2.

The ps2 is slow loading, the graphics are a pixelated mess and the thing is louder than a vacuum cleaner.
I'm not even talking about pc only features like savestates.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.