Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't tried it yet,but can anyone approximately tell me how does Resident Evil Code Veronica X runs on it if anyone tried it...
My laptop specifications are the following:
-512 MB of RAM
-ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 with 64 MB
-1.6 ghz
-2 MB L2 cache
-DirectX 9.0c
-Operating system Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2

I tryed that game on PCSX2 0.9.5 and it was working pretty nice on my laptop :D

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,477 Posts

Wouldn't just trying it on your own give you a quicker answer than waiting for a forum response? I mean, you've already got the game and all...

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,454 Posts
1.6GHz is too slow for PCSX2 to be enjoyable.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Judging from the rest of the hardware I also believe this is an AthlonXP kind of CPU.
These do not have SSE2, and the emu needs that to run..

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Dont know about the rest of the specs but that card cant do over 26.... (and i think if it hits 26 its a celebration)

·
Banned
23,263 Posts

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Anything with "M" will obviously not win a speed contest.
Well, for starters, remember that the Pentium M and Celeron M were intended for notebooks, that is, low power usage, not raw power. That being said, they weren't Core 2 Duos, no, but they were alot better than the Pentium 4 (although the Pentium 4 was usually faster due to being clocked higher).

Actually, what do I mean they weren't Core 2 Duos? The original Core Solo/Core Duo were based off of the Pentium M (which was based on the Pentium III). Heck, a Core 2 Duo roughly equals a Pentium III. They're both even identified as the same family (family 6 in Intel's family/model/stepping identification scheme). This is also why things that can't identify Core 2s will call it a Pentium III Xeon (it sees the larger than standard for a Pentium III L2 cache).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts