Next Generation Emulation banner

[PCSX2] Silent Hill Shattered Memories [Somebody tested?] !!!

18K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  jonaand 
#1 ·

A re-imagining of the original Silent Hill that turns everything you thought you knew on its head.
The game watches you and adapts to your actions to create a unique experience to each player and intensify their fears.
Implementation of a cell phone as the user interface, which acts as a story telling device, map, puzzle helper, and camera that provides seamless flow with no interruption in gameplay.
New nightmare sequence focus on escape and evasion rather than direct confrontation.
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories will feature an all-new soundtrack by acclaimed series composer Akira Yamaoka.

Edit: Pliss who has the game test to update the topic from game... :)

See less See more
#2 ·
The game loads, but it's really buggy on PCSX2. Graphic glitches (Using Native res does not fix this), sound bugs up (no sound at all in the actual game, but there was sound at the start of the game), etc.

Graphics only show up properly with Software rendering in GSDX, this results in pretty ugly graphics for a PS2 game. The rest of the settings I have are in my sig.

Software rendering:

#11 ·
Right, I fixed the sound. Go me :p
Still needs software rendering though, as no one will be able to fix the graphics in hw rendering.
At least not until like dx12 or so..
rama, you are one of the sound/audio authors? How is dolby pro logic II coming along for pcsx? Will it be supported?

#13 ·
DPLII is supported already.
Earlier SPU2 plugins had phase information handling not emulated correctly, but any recent SPU2-X version will pass on the required information.
You just need a DPLII decoder ;)
Thanks. Just tested it with RE4, it's working, directsound seems to be more accurate than xaudio 2 in the surround definition. Btw, do you know of any of the "DPLII" authors working on dolphin's audio plugin? Will they help them? :p

#14 ·
thats because Xaudio is software mixing only.

#15 ·
thats because Xaudio is software mixing only.
Is software mixing really that inferior? I was reading on the sound mixing of battlefield BC2 recently (it sounded so fantastic when i watched the trailers), the developers were saying that everything is done thro 'software mixing'.

Anyways, it's getting confusing after i upgraded to windows 7. I thought windows 7 is using some xaudio or openal 'api', & i yet i can choose directsound & it's working!?

#16 ·
It doesn't matter the slightest what audio out module you use.
What matters is that the latency is high enough so timestretch never kicks in.

About the Dolphin question:
Whoever works on the sound emulation should look out for phase modifications.
DPLII stores most of the surround information via phase differentials ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.