Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a good computer but FFX on PCSX2 is running at like 75 percent.. My computer is as follows:

GFX CARD: NVIDIA GTX 275
CPU: QUADCORE Q6600 2.4 GHZ
RAM: 4 GB DDR2 800 MHZ

Was wondering if anyone could help me out.. I don't know if there's a certain way it needs to be configured.. Or Certain plugins that need to be used.
Please if anyone knows anything that could help me out.. That would be great!
The 3 games I'm looking forward to playing are:

Final fantasy 10
Final fantasy 12
Suikoden 3

Thanks again, I appreciate any help! :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
2.4 ghz Q6600 is slow. Pcsx2 is clock hungry, see if you can oc that cpu to around 3ghz.
Can't oc right now.. I have to buy a new motherboard haha.. Stupid dell!
them and locking there bios :p
but thanks!
I guess i'll just have to make due.. Never thought ps2 emulation would require so much.

did you enable dualcore? try using all speed hacks. 2.4 ghz is kinda low for pcsx2 but ffx should run ok i get 70fps average on my 2ghz amd dc
I'll try it out and let you know, thanks!

·
There is always hope, but you have to supply it.
6,886 Posts
I have a good computer but FFX on PCSX2 is running at like 75 percent.. My computer is as follows:

GFX CARD: NVIDIA GTX 275
CPU: QUADCORE Q6600 2.4 GHZ
RAM: 4 GB DDR2 800 MHZ

Was wondering if anyone could help me out.. I don't know if there's a certain way it needs to be configured.. Or Certain plugins that need to be used.
Please if anyone knows anything that could help me out.. That would be great!
The 3 games I'm looking forward to playing are:

Final fantasy 10
Final fantasy 12
Suikoden 3

Thanks again, I appreciate any help! :D

Are you using the most recent version of pcsx2?

Or one downloaded from 'another' source?

Always dl from the official site. Always.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I can get all three of those games running just fine on my core 2 duo 2 Ghz, NVIDIA Geforce 7900 computer with speedhacks and nothing more than a few slowdowns or graphical glitches here and there but certainly still playable.

Yeah use the latest beta from the official site, enable a few speedhacks, and your computer should run it much better than mine, especially with your graphics card.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.