Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two very strange problems with no explanation that have been driving me crazy. One for over a week, the other for 3 days now. I have done a lot of trial and error and put in my research but came up empty-handed. I am now posting here in hopes of getting some help. As they are two completely different issues I am making two threads.

This is thread 1 of 2.

I have been playing Xenosaga II quite happily for a long time. This is where my frustration began. I am a completionist and during some events in the GS miniquests, you have to rotate the right analog stick to do certain tasks (such as using a fishing pole or turning valves). The right analog stick does not work in game, at all. Its very frustrating to me because I don't know why. I am afraid this is an odd Xenosaga II bug that has no resolution but I thought I'd ask here.

I usually use Lilypad SVN 0.10.0 but I have also tried 0.9 as well as SSSPSX pad 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7. The right analog stick input does not respond in this game. The actual stick works fine in epsxe in games like Legend of Legaia. It also works fine in the configuration windows for PCSX2 plugins. I have actually tried binding the left analog stick to the right analog and even the direction pad to right analog, one at a time just to complete these quests. Still nothing. If I bind the right stick to the left stick in the configuration, I can walk fine using the right stick. The physical controller works fine it seems and is only a couple of months old. For some reason, Xenosaga II itself does not recognize the input for right analog in PCSX2, period.

The actual storyline path/gameplay parts do not require the right analog at all so its taken me 35 hours of playtime (and powerleveling :( ) to discover this frustrating problem. I could play on the actual PS2 but that totally ruins the point for me. My partner and I enjoy playing the same game at the same time so she uses whatever console we are gaming on and I emulate it on my computer. Since the rewards for these quests unlock skills , abilities and double techs this roadblock has completely sapped my desire to play until I can resolve it or give up. While I do have the bios from our actual PS2 I have no way of transferring data from the emu to a real memory card and back to finish these missions (if that is even possible).

Has anyone else encountered this or know of a solution?

My controller is a new logitech dual action that looks identical to a dual shock PS2 controller but does not have a vibration function.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
pcsx2 has its own site and forum now, bugs, should be reported there.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
No, but I have some advice for you. You can probably find a lot of older versions of pcsx2 still (google..).
Try doing that quest using those versions, maybe you get one in which it works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.