Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have followed the steps to dump the bios and config the emulator, but then it still doesn't work for me..

pcsx2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

my comp specs

athlon xp 1500
512 ddr ram
geforce fx 5200 256mb

plugins:

graphics: GSdx9 0.8
sound: SPU2 Null driver 0.4
controllers: PADwinkeyb Driver 0.9
Cdvd rom: P.E.Op.S. CDVD Driver 1.2
Dev9: DEV9null Driver 0.3
Usb: UsbNull Driver 0.4
FireWire: FWNull Driver 0.4
Bios: USA v01.60(07/02/2002) Console

I need some help how to fix this.. many thanks and merry Christmas

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
Make sure you put the dumped bios into the folder called "bios". If you can get into the configuration screen, make sure it's listed in the bios pulldown menu. Also, tell us what you're doing when it crashes.;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not sure if his problem is exactly the same as mine, but when I get the emulator all configured and close the configuration window, it crashes as soon as I try to run it. Not even a flash of a picture, just "pcsx2.exe has generated errors and will now be closed".

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
if both your problems are the same, the best thing you can do is delete the pcsx2.ini file from the ini folder then when it says it needs configuring, cancel the config box, close pcsx2, open it again and then configure it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes, I have dumped them in the folder called bios inside the pcsx2 folder..

I have also tried to delete the pcsx2.ini file and reconfigured it.. I tried using Gssoft plugin as well in my hopes of at least running it even slow.. it still shows the same error

btw, what's the best bios out there? I'll try and dump my friend's bios into mine as well.. I heard he has a european version..

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
weewee said:
yes, I have dumped them in the folder called bios inside the pcsx2 folder..

I have also tried to delete the pcsx2.ini file and reconfigured it.. I tried using Gssoft plugin as well in my hopes of at least running it even slow.. it still shows the same error

btw, what's the best bios out there? I'll try and dump my friend's bios into mine as well.. I heard he has a european version..
Any BIOS will work, provided it's not the SCPH-10000. No BIOS works better than another.;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for trying to help, refraction ... But I think I'll just wait until the next release. The problem was the .ini file you mentioned, but when it gets recreated, it's the same crap again. The actual program never starts, all I get is the config screen. Oh well, you say 0.9 should be out in a month or so. I'll just take a nap til then.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I found the cause of the problem though I'm not sure.. When I tried to switch the cdvdrom plugin to null, it went fine..I switched it back to peops cdvd 1.2 it produced the same error.. so it must be on the cdvdrom plugin.. someone with the same error here please check on this..

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
weewee said:
erm.. is there a linuz cdvdrom plugin? I thought his was an iso plugin?
If you plan to run real discs, then use PeOPs CDVD. This has been answered many times and is in the configuration guide.

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
weewee said:
I know that. I was just asking if linuz had a cdvdrom plugin that reads disks.. he apprently does't have one
OK, well, no. The only CDVD plugin created by linuz was the ISO reader. But the PeOPs one works pretty well for real discs.;)

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
meh, did you think of looking at "common problems and solutions" in stickies?? the crash after config bug is answered there!

edit: actually i said that before. weewee: you say it crashes AFTER emulation has started, is it a certain game youre trying that it crashes on? if so, its probably cos the game doesnt work

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.