Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a q6600 at 3.2..i got a little brave and tried stepping the OC up another notch. i got it to 3.6 at 1.45v. this voltage is fairly high for my conservative self.. is there a major boost in pcsx2 at 3.6 vs 3.2.. I would test it but the only games i really play, play at full speed already at 3.2 (ffx and xii)

in general, if anyone has done this..did they keep their sys at 3.6 for noticeable performance gains. im jsut not sure if i should keep it at 3.6 vs 3.2

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
Turn off the frame limiter and see if the extra FPS are worth it :p

IMO 3.2GHz is nice already unless u need it for very slow games, and since you say you dont play many many games i'd say it's not the best thing :p

·
The Pest
1,820 Posts
You managed 3.6 @ 1.45v on yer Q6600? I required 1.49v for mine...(Sorry, I know it's off-topic, but wow)

Did you Prime95 that thing? Sounds under-powered, or maybe I'm pumping to much power...

(Hell, Prime95 said it wasn't enough after 9 hours of testing, but that was under heavy loads, not just the normal full loads)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i've actually heard of people getting 3.6 at lower volts on the G0... i was never too big a fan of the 10 hour prime test. i prime for about an hour.. i have found that if i can prime for an hour, its a stable enough oc to get me through all the apps, and games that i use and play in the real world.. i know its a not a true OC enthusiasts way of doing things, but i never called myself a true OCer.functionality is all that matters to me. nothing that i use on my pc really stresses all 4 cores to 100%

i tried hitting 3.6 a few months ago on an older bios and was unable to do so..im using the f8 bios now..and it seems to help.

i added .1v to the northbridge. and have a small fan blowing on the NB heatsink. might help you if your try to hit 3.6 again

what fsb and multi did you use for 3.4 i might try them if this ends up not being stable.

oh my memory is 1:1 also.. im running my g.skill ddr 1066 mem at 800, 1:1 4-4-4-12. at 2v.(+.2 in bios) i read that c2d architecture benefits more from tighter timing than faster ram speeds. ialso read that oc's are more stable and easier to achieve when you set the mem 1:1.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts