Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been running pcsx2 on my macbook pro via bootcamp for quite some time, and i'm wondering if anyone on the boards runs pcsx2 using vmware fusion, parallels, or any other similar programs.

for those not in the know, these programs create a virtual machine under the host operating system, allowing a guest operating system to be run under the host. ei, running snow leopard, with xp in a window, or in unity (which blends the programs and operating system to make them appear to run as a mac application)

my question is, has anyone successfully emulated pcsx2 on a guest OS? any tips for increasing speed and compatability while doing so?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Vmware fusion only has basic 3D acceleration, PCSX2 isn't going to run well on it at all.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, i wouldn't figure it would for most games. i'm not expecting to run much on it this way.

what about things like, the capcom collections and such of retro games?

·
Sir
51 Posts
You gotta keep in mind PCSX2 is quite demanding for a desktop and you're trying to run it on a laptop... You might get some 2D fighting games to work for instance, but that will be quite hard.

I can run PCSX2 reasonably well inside PC vmware here thanks to virtualization technologies and make my vm use multi cpu cores and software renderer mode. It's pretty slow in games like God of War though. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.