Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please forgive me if this has been addressed elsewhere, but i cannot seem to get PCSX2 to run after everything is configured (correctley i assume as i recieve no errors stating otherwise) i tried opening it in terminal also to see if i get an error but the terminal pops up and then closes suddenly. I am running Fedora core 3 and this is my firstime trying to run an emu via linux. I'd appreciate any help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Please run the program in gdb,maybe some usefull info there can be displayed.
And enable debug mode in compilation, i haven't compilate pcsx2 in linux, but it should have a makefile just had -g to CFLAGS.

Maybe later, i'll give you a more detailed answer, now time to study.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Assuming i have used gdb correctly....this is what i get
Reading symbols from /root/Desktop/pcsx2-0.8.1/pcsx2...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/tls/libthread_db.so.1".

·
Registered
24 Posts
Are you using a binary version of pcsx2, or are you trying to compile pcsx2 yourself?

Because if you use a binary version of pcsx2 use the version that says, linux debug (or it will be no debug symbols present).

If you are trying to compile it yourself just unpack
Open folder, edit MakeFile
Where is
CFLAGS=CFLAGS = -Wall ${OPTIMIZE} -I. -I.. -I../IPU -I../DebugTools {FLAGS}

put

CFLAGS = -Wall -g ${OPTIMIZE} -I. -I.. -I../IPU -I../DebugTools ${FLAGS}

After this save, and "make release"

The emulator can crash because of missing folders, bad plugins, missing libs dependicies.

Do "ldd pcsx2" , and it will tell you if you have all libs necessary (pcsx2 executable file not folder!!?).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont see a PEOPs cdvd plugin for linux
also shold there be a configuration for the iso plugin because when i use gdb i get this in regards to it
"[New Thread -151082688 (LWP 4925)]
/root/Desktop/pcsx2DEV-0.8.1/plugins/CDVDiso05.so: invalid ELF header
/root/Desktop/pcsx2DEV-0.8.1/plugins/CDVDiso05.so: invalid ELF header
cfgCDVDiso file not found!"

do i have a bad plugin or did i do something wrong inthe installation?

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
Brownrt said:
ANy idea anyone?
Don't bump this tread like that. After over 500 views, if nobody has replied, then chances are, nobody knows.;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Check if you have this directory "ls ~/.pcsx2"

If you have there should be a these folders:
- logs
- bios
- plugins
- memcards
- Probaly others

If you don't have this folders, you'll need to create. my doubts are regarding to the name of the folder just do "ls ~/.* | grep pc". and check if it exist.

Hope it helps, sry i haven't check this before.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There are only two directories for those installing plugins to worry about. The files with 'lib' in front of their name (or '.so' on the end) need to go in the 'plugins/' directory. Files with 'cfg' in front of their name need to go in the 'cfg/' directory, which wasn't mentioned above.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i installed linspire 4.5 on my computer after not being able to get pcsx2 to work on FC3. i no longer receive the error in gdb about a missing config file however i cant seem to use the iso reading plugin at all. As far as the config folder the fire wire and usb cfg files are the only ones there. the cd drive seems to spin when i start the emu and the bios screen pops up but the drive stops spinnin...any suggestions?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Linpire sux so i went back to FC3.
but i now get the cdvd error again. i would like to compile both the plugins and the emu myself but i really have no experience doing so. so any useful input would be awesome
i may be crazy but.... the .so files dont seem to be present for DL.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.