Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have good amount of programming knowledge in c++ Java visual basic and php i lean more towards that of c++ so i was wondering if the people at Pcsx2 would allow me to help them i have made my own plugins with vb before..i have also made online plugins even thought they were buggy..

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Not wanting to be discouraging, but the point is programming emus is VERY hard. Also offering such things on this forum isn't going to earn many brownie points either, especially given past "offers". You are more likely setting yourself up to be insulted than anything else.

If you're really interested though, the emu's code is available. If you are experienced enough you should be able to find it no problems. Otherwise I advise you take a look at the "how to write an emu" articles in the programming section of this forum, so you know what you would really be getting yourself into.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i understand that very much..However after doing it for long time its like writing a book then editing it..i have worked with many languages in past i made my own small modifications to many games like half life and working of the sdks of many programs..not that it has anything to do with emulation and all but i enjoy programming ill get some work ready to show soon becuase what good would i be if i didnt have work and i stood you guys up.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I suggest you do as beta says and study the various documents available on the art of emulation, and study the pcsx2 source (very thoroughly). Then perhaps you'll get an idea of it all. If you still feel confident you can contribute, simply contact one of the developers who'll be happy to take advantage of your skills.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Just a comment but after I saw the code for some of the emulators I was like wow. I really respect someone who can write that kindof stuff. It takes a real genius to come up with it.

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
I'm a bit of a programmer myself, in a variety of languages, and as coolsvilleman said, it is VERY complicated code. Take a look at the source and see for yourself. I'm sure it's not a project that any one person could do alone, and I for one, would not want to go down that road. The dev's definitely have impressed me. A task like that is a programmer's nightmare.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts