Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so I'm new with the ps2 emulator, and i was able to configure with graphics and sound and stuff and controller one is configured to lilypad 0.9.9. and I set Pad 1 to things like triangle=w, square=a, cross=s and circle=d. I most of the other buttons too. I tried to play kingdom hearts final mix and i can't even start new game by pressing *S* to start new game. It doesn't register any of the keys, but it does recognize the up and down function. can anyone help?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,463 Posts
This is a forum, not a help desk. Responses take time.

Anyway, lilypad 0.9.9 is kinda old. Try the latest beta first to see if that changes anything. If not, then post some screenshots of your pad config.

Also, is your keyboard USB or PS/2 (round plug)?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
still doesnt work, i tried both. also, when I press D, the game seems to crash? im using D as circle and W as triangle. whats odd is that it registers the up down right left, even when i change them from the directional buttons and change themto I,J,K,L

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
so i tried to go down and i used circle on special movie, and it played, so maybe I'm thinking its the game that is crashing when i press circle and then says the driver display had stopped and has recovered, then the display is gone and the music is

edit: i even tried it in native, it the driver becomes unresponsive

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,463 Posts
Sounds like you've got a host of other problems as well.:(

It's been a while since I've fired up PCSX2 and even longer since I've messed with the Lilypad plugin, but I *think* you may need to clear your key bindings and then reset them to your liking after changing the keyboard input setting. I use a PS3 controller anyway and highly recommend using a gamepad.

List your system specs and make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Time of this report: 2/1/2011, 21:53:39
Machine name: THEBEAST-PC
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Business (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.100608-0458)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: LENOVO
System Model: TP-7U___
BIOS: Ver 1.00PARTTBL(
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 1944MB RAM
Page File: 2121MB used, 2009MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode

the controls are working now for me, now its that the driver is crashing when the actualy game starts to play

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,463 Posts
Unfortunately, that info doesn't list your GPU.

You can find it out by clicking Start > Run and then type in "dxdiag". (without quotes)

Your GPU will be listed under the 'Display' tab.

Oh, and make sure your DirectX runtimes are up to date.

Download details: DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i downloaded direct x --------
Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A42&SUBSYS_20E417AA&REV_07
Display Memory: 748 MB
Dedicated Memory: 32 MB
Shared Memory: 716 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (50Hz)
Monitor: ThinkPad Display 1280x800
Driver Name: igdumdx32.dll,igd10umd32.dll
Driver Version: 7.15.0010.1556 (English)
DDI Version: 10
BGRA Supported: Yes
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 9/9/2008 08:55:50, 536576 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-6902-11CF-0E72-EE00A7C2CA35}
Vendor ID: 0x8086
Device ID: 0x2A42
SubSys ID: 0x20E417AA
Revision ID: 0x0007
Revision ID: 0x0007

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,463 Posts
Intel 4 Series? Eww...

Well, here's a link to the latest driver:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Laptop+graphics+controllers&ProductProduct=Mobile+Intel®+4+Series+Express+Chipset+Family

Bah, Intel's driver page sucks. Just make sure you get the newest one (by date) that says "graphics".

You should also try using the GSDX graphics plugin and try swapping between DX9 and DX10/11 mode. Also, place a check in "Native Resolution" since Intel IGPs aren't too powerful to begin with.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
yeah i know its sad, and i dont know whats going on, but it everything i try to install for vista, or vista premium is just saying its not the right driver, even though im sure it is. it is a vista premium 32 bit, when i download said update, it says its the wrong driver

edit: running update utility
This is what I got:
A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer.

I then looked up the number of the driver and connected it to Lenovo, and am currently installing a new lenovo display driver. hopefully it works

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So i downloaded the driver and restartd and such and now it seems to be working! thank you so much, friggin stupid lenovo. I know i shouldnt be trying to run games ona thinkpad, but Im at college and have a lot of time =D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, im new in the emulator pcsx2 but i need help
i config my pad2 to play with my kyboard and nothing happens when i enter to the game and i press enter with my kyboard = start nothing happens
plz anybody can help me?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, im new in the emulator pcsx2 but i need help
i config my pad2 to play with my kyboard and nothing happens when i enter to the game and i press enter with my kyboard = start nothing happens
plz anybody can help me?

alo? ok i will see in youyube i didnt need help

1 - 17 of 17 Posts