Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new here registered really to ask a question.

I will start with my computer specs:
E6700 core 2 @2.67ghz
Dell XPS mobo no idea of model
2/4GB if needed 566mhz ram
8800GT overclock 512mb
Soundblaster X-fi
Sadly Windows vista 32bit

Now for my question, being from england never having Suikoden 3 released here and being a huge fan of Suikoden 2. I would love to play Suikoden 3 I am aware of an emulator called PCSX2 and I would love to be able to play that game. My question is would my system specs be decent enough to make this game run playable.

Am aware of the performance issue with vista but I can get around it for the most part. And I cannot install xp even if I wanted to for some unknown reason my XPS will not allow me to install it.

Anyway I would love a response by tomorrow please and if anyone takes the time to make a educated guess for me thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
This belongs more to the PCSX2 section than the Hardware section, I am moving it.

And about Installing XP on it, you could give us more details (if any error occurs during installation, boot, etc)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The installation error happens when I go to install xp. I have tried 2 different hard drives, 2 different disc drives and 2 copys of xp. Once its done the starting driver installation and it goes to start up windows before the blue screen. Where you can delete your existing windows and format your hard drive.

That's the reason I didn't add it I don't think its a problem anyone here can tell me how to fix. Although if they could I wouldn't mind hearing how I would get rid of vista in a moment if it was possible.

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
To get Suikoden 3 working properly you'll need to download this public version of pcsx2 project playgrounds emulator: http://www.pcsx2.net/files/12025

Then go into the configuration tab >>> advanced >>> and make sure 'denormals are zero' for iop/ee are enabled.

Surprisingly pcsx2 is often faster on vista than xp. Insane right? Directx 10 offloads more work to the videocard, work originally being done by the cpu in dx9. This is a good thing for emulators, but not necessarily a good thing for regular pc games that are taxing videocards to their max. For pc games the videocard is usually the bottleneck now days. For pcsx2/dolphin emulators its usually the cpu.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts