Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a problem:

When I start pcsx2-0.8.1, it runs ok for a while; I get the version number and "Execute Bios Complete" -text in green to the upper left corner of the screen.
After that the emulator freezes, it stays black, and terminates only if killed.
When run from a root terminal, it exits straight away giving a "Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)" -message.

Help would be appreciated.

Ubuntu 2.6.10-5-386
ATI Radeon 9800 with latest drivers available

·
Registered
9 Posts
Emulator freezes? I think the emulator won't load before first screen so it's still on black screen. (You can enable the console window to view what are doing) Will be normal in some games.
About "Execute Bios Complete" text, you are using GSsoft (video plugin) and you can change it to GSdx9 ,that will run more speed.

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
IMTX103V said:
Emulator freezes? I think the emulator won't load before first screen so it's still on black screen. (You can enable the console window to view what are doing) Will be normal in some games.
About "Execute Bios Complete" text, you are using GSsoft (video plugin) and you can change it to GSdx9 ,that will run more speed.
Gsdx9 wasnt compiled for linux so hes stuck with GSsoft.

Epatto: do you get any other error messages and when you say freezes does the frame counter keep going up or does it just freeze completely?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Eh, what did I write!? :???:

The emulator starts fine. But when I try to load an iso or a disc, the screen freezes.
I don't get any other error messages. There's no fps-counter, how do I enable it?

***Update: After a formidable amount of time, I get "Sony Compute Entertainment",
the bios screen eg. It moves! But the screen's like a corpse recovering from a cryogenics experiment, that is: fps about 0.5-1/s. The pcsx2 process takes about 80% CPU too. :(

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
well thats to be expected, it is slow and with gssoft its even slower :D

well far as i can tell you dont really have a problem anymore so congrats :p

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
Epatto said:
:heh: Well, gee, thanks... I guess.
Then, is there anyone who's got pcsx2 working better on linux?

I'll be playing Metal SLug 3 on xmame while you think of something. :dance:
We would need a graphics plugin for linux that could utilize hardware accelaration for graphics (Eg: OpenGL) in order to achieve better speeds in that OS. For now, the only way to take advantage of the extra performance would be to use a windows build on a windows box. And even then, it won't run at full speed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.