Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I would like to commend the PCSX2 team for their wonderful emulator. Most games work more or less, and some games even play at full speed. I'm sure that more games will run at full speed sooner or later.

I'm wondering, would it be possible to create PCSX2 for the Xbox 360?

With the Xbox 360, wouldn't be possible to play at full speed?

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,906 Posts
The xbox needs to be hacked first to allow homebrew code to run. ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
It would certainly be a speed boost. But I think that "they", whoever that is, would first have to emulate the pc? All the code on a pc is read and processed by one core, (except for these newfangled dualcore systems), so I think they have a hardware hurdle to overcome.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.........

·
Banned
10,931 Posts
You won't get any performanc boost from porting PCSX2 to the X360 but infact you may actuaily lose performance AFAIK it was programmed to run on a X86 processor and not a PowerPC and besides the X360 is just as powerful as a top of the line PC

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,906 Posts
mitch06 said:
sorry gies I am just to excited
We dont care, and we dont want to hear about it. Speak of it again and its the ban hammer for you.

The x360 modchip by ICE was fake, also there will be no talk of modchips.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,624 Posts
i think it would be possible to get pcsx2 onto the xbox360 in the future but i have to agree with what was said above, there would be a loss in performance. Though maybe in the distant future around the time of the ps4 it might be done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.