Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I've been running pcsx2 on my quad core setup in windows for a while now, and just switched to linux, after a hell of a time working to compile the source for pcsx2, i managed to do it. but now, unlike the windows version, i'm getting loads of graphical bugs in FFXII that i never used to get, probably the plugin, but i was wondering if anyone else encountered this and if there's a fix. It seems to me that the linux version of the plugins are a bit behind the windows versions, and emulation is the only thing i play on my computer, so if i could get it all running in linux, i wouldn't have to bother with windows at all. Graphical bugs from what i've seen so far include white patches on the clouds and people and everything in the intro video, and now that i've started the first level (although i haven't tried moving, i'd need to plug in my controller for that) the floor is missing :(...this must have happened to someone else...help!
thanks
drumstyx

·
Registered
181 Posts
The only fix I know of is to run Windows in VMware or Virtualize it with Xen or something then run the "corrected" and up-to-date versions of PCSX2. There's probably no fix for it and running it from VMware requies no compiling which means you can run tons of other emulators as well the same way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
as great as that would be, i would only be able to dedicate up to 3 cores to the virtual machine, i've been running games at full speed, don't wanna give that up, i suppose i'll just have to dual boot vista for now. but seriously, i do wonder what's up with the sort of crappy plugins/core for linux when compared to the windows version, i thought it was developed in linux.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts