Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I'm havin a Emulatiorgasm
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm waiting for my new processor Amd kuma 7750BE and I want to hear some experiences about this processor and 9800gt or gtx card.

How is the framerate?

I noticed that the 0.9.6 version of PCSX2 is very optimized and it runs pretty good. I runs better than previous version.

My new processor is coming tomorrow! I cant wait!:eyemove:

What is you experience with the Kuma and pcsx2?
:thumb:

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Why!? It's going to perform worse than your current CPU, especially since it's clocked at 3.8GHz. You better hope that thing goes to ~4GHz just to be able to deliver performance comparable to what you got now.

That's basically a Phenom X2, and I'm not sure if it's based on the newer Phenom II or the earlier Phenom (I), but if it's the latter, you're going to be doing quite a downgrade, and even if it's the former, it's still a small downgrade.

·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ;)

Thanks! I'm downgrading becouse the economic "crysis". May be next year I'll go for phenom II or else...

I read a lot of bechs. Anyways I want to hear about what performance should I expect from this processor (Overclocked to 3.5) to play games as Budokai Tenkaichi 3, REsident Evil 4 and others...

Thank you.:p

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
I don't get it. Why, exactly, can't you keep your current CPU? You say the economy is bad, yet you're spending more money on parts, and to get worse off than you are now. That's like paying to be robbed.

·
Registered
836 Posts
hey i also hve a amd 7750BE over clock that to 3.1 ghz and your set ^^ very fast for me. all games i tried i get fullspeed on (besides GT4) and as for pc games they run full speed. i have a ati4850 and i run game on 1680x1050 and i rarley have any slow downs. dont worry =]]

·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Nope..

I don't get it. Why, exactly, can't you keep your current CPU? You say the economy is bad, yet you're spending more money on parts, and to get worse off than you are now. That's like paying to be robbed.
Nope dude I sold my e8400 + mobo in us$300 and the new mobo 750a plus the processor was us$180.

So I got money for the downgrade...

hey i also hve a amd 7750BE over clock that to 3.1 ghz and your set ^^ very fast for me. all games i tried i get fullspeed on (besides GT4) and as for pc games they run full speed. i have a ati4850 and i run game on 1680x1050 and i rarley have any slow downs. dont worry =]]

Thanks! I'm gonna get the kuma today! I can't wait more!

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Nope dude I sold my e8400 + mobo in us$300 and the new mobo 750a plus the processor was us$180.

So I got money for the downgrade...
In that case, it sounds like an okay deal then, as you make about a little over 1/3 of the money you're selling it for, but still ending up with a decent PC.

·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yep!

how do u like the processor man? kick ass right? =3 AMD FTW
Yeah! The processor is quality! Only few bucks to play the PCSX2 at full speed!

Dudes I totaly recommend this processor! Pretty cheap, black edition and kickass performance for the price!

7750 BE FTW!:thumb:

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
The performance of that processor is similar to a Phenom 1 chip, but only two cores.

In essence. The performance of the processor is the same as the E4000 series. Not sure about the E5000 series.

So it's an improvement to the Athlon64, but nothing much more, and the cold bug still exists in that chip, which makes it's most stable overclock around the 3.6Ghz range.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.