Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
And I have yet for it to work. I'm using winxpprosp2 right now, I'm new to this(just discovered pcsx2 a couple of hours ago), could this be a dep issue? I've tried the normal(win32) and sse2 versions of the program and plugins, both real and null, and I have yet to get it to boot any of the bios files I have. I believe my system configuration should be visible, I should try it in linux, perhaps it's just a windoze issue.

amd64 2800+ newcastle(1ml2)@2056mhz|512kingstonddr400|asus K8n-e delux(n-force 4)|gigabyte geforce 6600 t3 256 pci-express [email protected](pci overclock)

·
Read Only
10,484 Posts
Well given that you just discovered pcsx2 a couple of hours ago
you should read the bositman's configuration guide
it should help you set the emulator
and note that 95% games don't work.
So don't complain why your game doesn't or why it runs slowly.

You can go to the pcsx2.net homepage and see a little of the next coming version 0.9
who will have better compatability.

By the way welcome to the forums!

·
Aim 4 the stars...
574 Posts
most of the games dont work yet... pcsx2 isnt complete....

anyway welcome to the forum.. feel free to ask any question bearing in mind the rules and regulations....

·
PCSX2 Coder
11,343 Posts
laserjohn said:
most of the games dont work yet... pcsx2 isnt complete....

anyway welcome to the forum.. feel free to ask any question bearing in mind the rules and regulations....
your post had exactly NO relevance to this topic.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hmm... There was an issue of crashing when using pcsx2 0.8 with gsdx9. Make sure you have the pcsx2 0.8.1 version.
P.S.: Everyone, his problem is that pcsx2 crashes before it could do something, not that his game doesn`t work (he couldn`t even try to test a game).

·
Familiar Face
5,307 Posts
cyclonmaster said:
Perhaps because he use windows xp sp2 with data prevention execution. This happen with me before. Then I'm fedup to think anymore and install back my Windows XP SP1.
I'm not sure how you think that makes a difference. oO I use SP2 and it's never caused any crashes on my end.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.