Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, newb here. I have looked around for configuration help on PCSX2 0.9.6 and have followed this guide
Official English PCSX2 configuration guide
but I cannot get a good configuration for my pc to run ps2 games as smoothly as I have seen on youtube and such. Do you guys have any recommendations for a PCSX2 0.9.6 configuration for a high end pc?

Here are my configurations and graphics. Are there better plugins I can download for my configuration?
View attachment 207547
View attachment 207548

My PC specs are:
Core2Quad q6600 @ 2.4
4gb ram
Evga Nvidia GTX 260

Thank you all for your help!

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I'm basically just trying to play Marvel vs Capcom 2. With the Gsdx, I get red health bars and a bunch of black lines around and and through the characters.
Try with Native and Enable/Disable Logaritmic Z.Also could you post a screen with the problem

·
Registered IT crowd
680 Posts
considering pcsx2 isn't able to use more than 2 cores, your system isn't that "high end". It would be more on the middle/low side.

Try overclocking, it may improve things a bit.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
considering pcsx2 isn't able to use more than 2 cores, your system isn't that "high end". It would be more on the middle/low side.

Try overclocking, it may improve things a bit.
Especially for that kind of games I doubt that he'll need overclocking to play at full speed.I with hacks get ~40fps(not fake speed)on GGXXAC+

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thats not highend man. However use GSDX with 4x scaling and every system will go down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, i see. I guess my cpu isn't fast enough? I also want to play FFX but haven't had a chance to. I have tried downloading ISO as it is easier than putting in the DVDs but none of them have worked. Which DVD plugin should I be using for ISOs?

BTW I'm running Vista x86

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.