Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone! i was just thinking aobut how fast pcsx2 has gotten and well i was like " i wonder how it would run while in single core mode" well i ran it and i came to these results.

persona 3 gets remarkable frames getting arodn at 70-110

god of war gets around a 45fps

FFX got around 70fps (on dual core i get 107 at this part)

ill be doing more testing later on. pcsx2 has come a long way i remember getting barley 60fps in ffx opening scene. now im getting 110 fps!

the specs i used
AMD X2 7750 BE at 3ghz ( will oc it more later :D )
ati 4850
2 gig of ram
1 terrabyte hard drive.

· From Love and Limerence
6,584 Posts
Yeah, my CPU almost plays Final Fantasy X at full speed without any speed hacks. I'd imagine it'd be full with them.

Still, there's a difference between disabling one core of a 4.5GHz Core 2 or 3GHz Phenom versus the actual single core Celerons and Pentium 4s. The only single core CPUs that have any decent hope are probably the Celeron L CPUs, which are basically Core 2s with only one core, if they're overclocked to ~3GHz (which they can do).

· Join the Dark Side!!
266 Posts
agree with lord zedeck.

kinda dumb to use the emu with a core 2 or a phenom using only one core.

the crucial thing here is the arquitechture of the CPU, real single cored cpus are crappy compared to "hacked" single cored core 2/phenoms.

· From Love and Limerence
6,584 Posts
Not all of them. An overclocked Celeron L (Celeron 420 @1.6GHz, Celeron 430 @1.8GHz, Celeron 440 @2.0GHz, and Celeron 450 @2.2GHz) is basically the same as an overclocked Pentium Dual-core, except for the fact that it's single core. Architecturally, it is a Core 2 though.

I think the point though was to mention how much better speed has gotten, though I attribute a good bit of that to speed hacks.

· Registered
62 Posts
Ah well its true, I with my Pentium 4 3.0ghz have also seen the differences of PCSX2 new versions.
For example the game 'Samurai Warriors 2 Empires' now works in between 25 and 45 FPS for me while it was closer to 10 - 30 with 0.9.4

Now this might not mean much to you CoreDuo hotshots, but it sure does to me ;)

· Join the Dark Side!!
266 Posts
Ah well its true, I with my Pentium 4 3.0ghz have also seen the differences of PCSX2 new versions.
For example the game 'Samurai Warriors 2 Empires' now works in between 25 and 45 FPS for me while it was closer to 10 - 30 with 0.9.4

Now this might not mean much to you CoreDuo hotshots, but it sure does to me ;)
That's a real single core improvement.

· Registered
42 Posts
Yeah i can now run FFX PAL at...

FMV -40-50 fps...full speed woot :)!
Cut Scenes- 20-35 fps
Gameplay-13-30 fps
Fights- 12 - 20 fps.

Maybe in about a year i will be able to run the entire game full speed with my crappy integrated graphics card and processor. However i can run Diseaga at full speed

· Registered
437 Posts
Yeah, my CPU almost plays Final Fantasy X at full speed without any speed hacks. I'd imagine it'd be full with them.

Still, there's a difference between disabling one core of a 4.5GHz Core 2 or 3GHz Phenom versus the actual single core Celerons and Pentium 4s. The only single core CPUs that have any decent hope are probably the Celeron L CPUs, which are basically Core 2s with only one core, if they're overclocked to ~3GHz (which they can do).
There are also the Core 2 Solos.

· Registered
52 Posts
my laptop is only equipped with 1.5 ghz core 2 duo, but I got full speed when using pcsx 1329 (60 fps when battling enemies, dropping when entering town when there are lot of townspeople to render). I only tested in the final dungeon, but I asumme it will that faster in other dungeon. I'm positive there will come time when we will get full speed eventually, because the progress is so far impressive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.