Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i was wonderings if a dev and everyone else can tell me how dangerous pcsx2 are to laptops. for example like a intel 950gm chipset and a 1.7ghz singlcore or 1.6ghz dual core. i herd that peoples laptops get really hott and sometimes the fans cant handle it wich can lead to mealting of the hardware. thanks for answering guys!

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
that laptop can't handle the emulator regardless, so theres no point trying.

·
troubleshooter
8,978 Posts
If you run your laptop in a cool environment then its okay. Basically you should keep your laptop on a clean table with the AC adaptor attached. Never keep the laptop on the bed or any such surface which may hinder proper airflow at the bottom of the Laptop.

·
Numbers Guy
175 Posts
I do find overheating to be a huge concern when I run PCSX2. My rig runs at 40C at IDLE (almost down to 25C when I blow a box fan into the main cooling vent) so I'm almost always monitoring the heat. Even the least CPU intensive games I have (Disgaea, La Pucelle Tactics) can push the CPU temp to 70C easily. The other N1 games can take it to 75 while just about any other game in my collection can push it over 80 with time--and that's when I stop and take a break. (AMD says that my CPU can take up to 100C, but I start to worry when it gets over 75. It also starts to throttle down at ~84.) I use all the speed hacks I can, GSdx 0.1.7; anything I know to do to make the thing do less work and it doesn't help much.

My advice: monitor the heat closely.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
ill say it is not possible, one if the intel graphics isnt compatible then running it in software will give you less than 1 fps and two even if the card is compatible still youd will be lucky to get a game beyond 20 fps mark and i mean those select few games that run fast on the emu

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.