Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Compiled a win64 pcsx2 beta
it has many problems i think but we must figure out if it works at first ;)
Anyone with
amd64 + win64 available?
:D

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Unfortunately my machine really doesn't like XP-64 at the moment due to SATA drivers locking in PIO Mode4, and missing drivers for numerous other bits of h/w

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
Well I have an AMD64 as you know, and RC1 will be with me within the next day or so :D

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Ck: It'll be most likely arrive tommorrow. :D

Anyways, I have RC1 setup here and is running any major hitches (well except for the lack of working printer/scanner). If anyone is having problems finding drivers take a look over @ www.planetamd64.com . They've hacked together drivers for most of the missing important stuff.

BTW anyone with a radeon card best forget about xp64. The drivers are next to impossible to find, only have dx support (last I looked), and are about as stable as a mad cow wearing rollerskates.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
I tried there. My SATA controller was still stuck in PIO Mode. It appears to be a common issue

>Well I have an AMD64 as you know, and RC1 will be with me within the next day or so :D

RC2 is now out.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Yes, but it's not available in the CPP yet, only officical testers can access the windowsbeta website.

*edit Just checked mine and SATA is using UDMA4 here. Although mine isn't the pro version of the via chipset

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
What board you running on, Beta?
See the thing is, the abit site for my board is crap it seems to think I have both the Si3112 and the Via SATA controller. Problem is: only two ports. Only one controller. In XP, either driver works. In XP64, neither driver works.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Mines an Abit Kv8 MAX3. It has 6 SATA ports altogether, 2 belong to the via chipset the other 4 are the silicion image one. That said, I'm only using the via controller ATM.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Hmm.... Dunno then. Maybe I'll wait for hte full release to appear, or perhaps I'll put in another drive....

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
RC1 has turned up in the mail, thanks betamax ;) Gonna partition and installl later! :D

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Ok installed XP64...
Seems like whenever i try to run the emulator(run cd or execute) it exits itself :p
Also MMX/SSE/SSE2 is not detected,thus i cant even switch to recompiler since it says it needs atleast MMX

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hmm the problem should be at GSopen() i suppose .... Need to test it with another gs plugin as soon as i compile gssoft64 ;D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts