8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everybody,

I'm new here and would like some help.

Here are my computer specs:

Cpu - Intel q6600 Core 2 Quad @ stock
Gpu - Ati 4870 HD 1GB
Ram - Mushkin Redlines @ stock 4GB kit

Alright, so with the main specs up there, can someone tell me the best way to configure PCSX2 to play Suikoden 3 (game explained below) and other games?

I've been fiddling with the video plugin and I've gotten the image to be fine but it still seems slow to me. I haven't played the game yet, just watched the opening intro movie and it bugged me enough to make me play with the settings.

Here's the problem. The movie plays slow, I've played the game on my ps2 and now I'm revisiting it on the computer and it seems off. It seems like the images aren't playing at the right speed, it may be my fps. I get anywhere from 30-60 fps, why? I have no clue. Must be some setting I need to use because I get 60+ fps on Crysis and other new games with 8x AA and 8x AS while fighting.

Also, I can't seem to get the sound to play at the right timing either. It sounds like the music is slowed and at some parts, it speeds up then slows again.

I am using the GSdx SSSE3 graphics and SPU2-X sound in version 0.9.6 of PCSX2

It would be much obliged for someone to aid me.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Take that cpu over 3Ghz and you'll start seeing improved performance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's been on my mind, but I was wondering if it was neccessary. Quad core @ stock should be more than enough to run on par with a ps2 right?

But then again...the program probably only utilizes 2 cores at most. I'll take it over 3 ghz and see how it fares but still, the sound is what's bothering me the most. It's not playing at the right speed like it should be. I doubt the sound is a cpu problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Is there a way I can maybe speed it up? I've just gone into game to see how it runs and it's slow.

Last I checked Suikoden 3 was reported to be able to run at 100% compatibility.

EDIT : ** Okay, I found the speed up option. It fixes my fps problem, I'm now rocking 60-100 fps. The sound is not as bad as before but now, I gotta fix the sections that are sped up too quickly. Any insight on uber leet configs are still welcomed.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Is there a way I can maybe speed it up? I've just gone into game to see how it runs and it's slow.

Last I checked Suikoden 3 was reported to be able to run at 100% compatibility.

EDIT : ** Okay, I found the speed up option. It fixes my fps problem, I'm now rocking 60-100 fps. The sound is not as bad as before but now, I gotta fix the sections that are sped up too quickly. Any insight on uber leet configs are still welcomed.
if its going too fast make sure you limit the framerate. press F4 to change between the various option.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I use a frame rate limiter as you've stated.

I actually have a good sense of how to config it now, I was up for a while playing around with it and I kind of got it. It's still not 100% what I want but it's like 98%, I can live with that.

BTW out of topic but, has anybody ever played Magna Carta?

·
Registered
2 Posts
magna carta

i have played magna carta tears of blood...it was great...lots of good looking women. its combat was really neat, but i didn't really like the element aspects.

·
Fluffy Animal Admirer
3,398 Posts
That's quite a bump.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts